Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Awesome! I remember when they did the MTV Cribs of Zombies house. He opened up this side room and there was hundreds if not thousands of horror movies stacked on the shelves. Someone should tell him to post here, I am sure he would get a kick out of all the creations that show up on here.

·
Registered
89 Posts
We got to see an extended trailer when we went to see Orphan this week. The movie looks really well done. I am sure fans of the first Zombie Halloween will love this one too.

·
Foolish Mortal
772 Posts
I didn't like Rob Zombie's version of H1. It could have been good but he always has to put his white trash spin on everything. Oh well it is what it is and he is who he is. But I'm not giving him any more of my money.

·
Master of Scaremonies
6,363 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Well, I for one thought his remake of Halloween was pure garbage myself. I have never been too impressed with his movies.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Don't mean to go against the grain here, but I absolutely LOVE Rob Zombie films, i.e."House of 1,000 Corpses", "The Devils Rejects", etc. And I LOVED his remake of Halloween! Can't wait for H2!!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
We got to see an extended trailer when we went to see Orphan this week. The movie looks really well done. I am sure fans of the first Zombie Halloween will love this one too.
Was Orphan any good?

I liked the remake of Halloween, although it did have a little too much of the "white trash" feel to it. The thing about I like about some of Rob Zombie movies is that they have a realistic feel too them. They are creepy because of this.

·
Foolish Mortal
772 Posts
I saw the Orphan and I thought it was good. I think another reason I didn't like Rob's H1 was because it told basically why Michael was the way he was. I don't think I really wanted to know. And am I mistaken, or didn't Dr. Loomis and Michael die? I watched it at the theater so maybe another version went different but... I hated it because they died.

So his next Halloween sequal. Will it be H3 or will he jump to H4?

·
Registered
387 Posts
I really liked the rob zombie version. You have to separate it from the original. It's not the original. I liked it's rough videography. I think the 2nd looks really cool from previews. I'm excited for rob zombie's nightmare on elm street remake.

Orphan was very good. It was intense and suspenseful from the get go. I was surprised. I really was not expecting much.

·
Registered
725 Posts
There is a remake of Nightmare on Elm St. coming but thankfully Rob Zombie has nothing to do with it. The director is Samuel Bayer.
Yah but imagine if he did! It could end up being something on the line of Freddy opening pandoras box and letting pinhead in.

I will admit that his version of Halloween was not his best work. But then again, how in the world could you build on the story anymore? Batman worked because the comics were so much more darker than the 90's movie versions. When it comes to Michael Meyers, you have a slow moving psychopath that is just really hard to take down. There was never a build on the story beyond having a troubled childhood and there is just so many ways you can stab a teenager.

So was Zombie taking on the Michael Meyers legacy a bad idea? Maybe, I guess it really depends on if you think someone could have done better. Halloween is a great classic, but since then the slasher genre has done it all. In general most slasher movies bore me these days because of that reason.

Is he a bad director? Hell no! He brings a new angle to the dried up, rinse / repeat, hollywood we have seen over the years. There is only a handfull new to the scene directors that have caught my attention in the last few years. Daniel Boyle, Zach Snyder, Quenten Tarrintino, and Rob Zombie. Each has his own unique way of telling a story. Each an artist among an army of corporate yes men.

But I am curious to know what the age group of people is that say they will not watch this new movie. I have to admit that I am a bit biased. I am 30, and I grew up listening to Zombie's music. The artwork in his CD's was always really cool, and his music videos rocked. So when House of 1000 Corpses came out, it was pure eye candy for me. It brought me back to the art of his music and probably a simplier time in life.

·
Foolish Mortal
772 Posts
I am 35 and I also like his music. I also love White Zombie's artwork. Hell yesterday there was a tee shirt at hot topic that I loved and would have bought except for now I wouldn't cause I so hated Halloween 1. Can Zombie's movies shock you? Yes. Scare you? No. He has no clue as to how to create suspense or fear. For me, watching H1 was like watching the Jerry Springer show. Which might appeal to some people but it doesn't appeal to ME. It has nothing to do with my age. And does he have to use the same cast? IMO he took everything that made the original Halloween great, rape it, burn it with a cigarette and piss on it. But do I really care? NO, cause I am not going to watch H2 anyway. Or any other classic he tries to put his name on.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts