Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got our video back from 2020. Not exactly what we were looking for but it's pretty goo. Wish it had more footage of the new Vampire Crypt. We'll follow up with some pictures.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,640 Posts
I'd add that we had two videographers. The guy who did the one posted above was a skilled young guy who does commercials and ad shoots. He was recommended to us by a friend. He admitted he never did anything like a haunt video before but was eager to try it. He couldn't make it on Halloween so this was shot on the 28th of October. Very creative stuff but as lewlew mentioned, he didn't capture everything we wanted. The other vid will hopefully surface at some point and should be a lot more detailed/inclusive. She came over on Halloween and spent a good 5 hours walking around getting stills and video. In any event, you get a flavor of what we had going on.

Reactions: PairaDize

·
Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
4,218 Posts
I agree with you both, the video has much cinematic flair and very artistically made. I loved how he created a moving shadow across the props in the middle of the video, to give the vibe of the vampire is coming". Your props are wonderful and so "pumpkinrot" style that we all love. I think as haunters the only thing I had to say about the video is that it moved too fast most of the time. We love to see all the close up details!

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,651 Posts
I agree. The way he just whipped around like that made my stuffed up head dizzy 😵😵😵 Otherwise, as usual you have created a wonderful thing there 👻💀🎃👍👍👍

·
Registered
279 Posts
Very very nice! I love it. The details on your skulls make them feel lifelike. The spanish moss, rats. creepy cloth... all add drama. Where are you located? When do you get set up? I am trying to have mine done a few weeks before Halloween so more people can walk by to enjoy it.

I subscribed to your YouTube also. I really like that fireplace build. Do you plan on adding more stuff? Thankyou very much for sharing. It always inspires me to see what others have done.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,640 Posts
I agree with you both, the video has much cinematic flair and very artistically made. I loved how he created a moving shadow across the props in the middle of the video, to give the vibe of the vampire is coming". Your props are wonderful and so "pumpkinrot" style that we all love. I think as haunters the only thing I had to say about the video is that it moved too fast most of the time. We love to see all the close up details!
There were a few spots that it slowed up enough to get in some nice detail, but he was moving a lot during the shoot. You could tell from watching him that he had some mad skills and he really got creative with a lot of the scenes, but like you said, it would have been preferable to see the haunt details and linger on them for awhile. Mark and I never have time to do our own videos as we're busy working the haunt. We have to rely on other folks to capture it on film for us so until we see the final draft, we never know what we're getting. This is some cool stuff, just didn't pick up on everything we would have liked.

Reactions: matrixmom

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,640 Posts
Very very nice! I love it. The details on your skulls make them feel lifelike. The spanish moss, rats. creepy cloth... all add drama. Where are you located? When do you get set up? I am trying to have mine done a few weeks before Halloween so more people can walk by to enjoy it.
Thanks. We both love dressing out the scenes with lots of small details. We're located in Erie, PA. Typically we start setting up a couple weeks before Halloween, so people see it coming well before hand.

Reactions: PairaDize

·
Registered
1 Posts
IDK, I think that video is pretty awesome! And the music is great, gives a lot of opportunities to really get in and check details. Ooooh, has my mind racing with what I could do with my own skellies! Thanks for sharing!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts