6,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
285 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
LOL.....I have been listening to you go on and on about cutting back/downsizing for years and every year you put on a professional display that amazes. Such a cool theme this year. And I can see that it incorporated lab oriented effects which you have not used before. I thought the military skeleton display was creative, but I think this might have been your best idea. I just like the old Boris Karloff element of the display. Two Thumbs Up!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not only an amazing set , but an absolute master class in misdirection!

Very Very well done!
Thanks! we try to set up the real scares by using a lesser distraction. We used an old metal upright locker, recessed into the wall opposite the monster. The actor in the locker took his cue from the dialogue, them came bursting through the doors, kicking them as he did to make some added noise. We camouflaged the area with pipes and chains so no one even noticed the locker.

LOL.....I have been listening to you go on and on about cutting back/downsizing for years and every year you put on a professional display that amazes. Such a cool theme this year. And I can see that it incorporated lab oriented effects which you have not used before. I thought the military skeleton display was creative, but I think this might have been your best idea. I just like the old Boris Karloff element of the display. Two Thumbs Up!
Thanks man! Yeah, we actually did lessen the footprint of the haunt by 4 feet this year but we still managed to focus on detail. The lab room was relatively small but the tight space gave guests no where to turn and the scares were in their faces! We had to start from scratch with this haunt as we had no Frankenstein related stuff but it all came together nicely and we got a lot of nice comments.

Looked incredible! Love it
Thanks!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Wow, I loved that! I remember going to some haunted houses in PA. They always had some of the best ones around that I remember.

In Florida all that I know of is Universal. I need to go to another haunted house in PA again! Well done! Love it!! :)

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, I loved that! I remember going to some haunted houses in PA. They always had some of the best ones around that I remember.

In Florida all that I know of is Universal. I need to go to another haunted house in PA again! Well done! Love it!! :)
Thanks very much!

Holy Snapple!

Tremendous job all around! The scare segment from about 6:42 - 7:15 had me grinning ear-to-ear, and made me want to go build some stuff!

I can't believe that it's been five years of the partnership already. Time sure does fly! :eek:
Thanks my friend!
We had a few other scare zones but the spacial limitations and lighting made filming next to impossible. The lab scare was fun and the exit footage you saw involved a drop panel right before they walked (or ran) out of the haunt. We often discuss where the past five years have gone and we hope to do the walk through for at least a couple more years, with a plan of a big blow out haunt in 2020 when Halloween falls on a Saturday!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
with a plan of a big blow out haunt in 2020 when Halloween falls on a Saturday!
LMAO, that struck me as funny that you already have plans for 2020 and you investigated as to which day it is on. Might be time to bring back the corn maze if you are going to go a little bit bigger.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, amazing as always! Those kids were couldn't get out of there fast enough, lol.
Thanks for sharing!!
Thanks! I stood out at the exit for close to half an hour and just watched the people run out screaming. It was hilarious. Since we have a lot of people who come every year, it also gives me a chance to say hi and ask them how they liked it. All of the comments were positive.

LMAO, that struck me as funny that you already have plans for 2020 and you investigated as to which day it is on. Might be time to bring back the corn maze if you are going to go a little bit bigger.
A Saturday Halloween will be perfect to make a final big haunt. We have the whole day to fine tune it. We can stay open later as there is no school/work the next day, and Sunday can be a tear down event. That would make 7 years of doing a walk through for us which is a good run for a home haunt. We have a plan for another type of "haunt" once done with the larger walk-through which we'll unveil once we get to that point. In any event, we're not done haunting! The corn maze will almost definitely be part of the plan for 2020!

·
Registered
13,829 Posts
Jdubbya, your video had me smiling and laughing. Gosh, so much fun to watch. The cemetary looked fabulous and beautifully lit. I loved the framing of the corpse mummy in the cross coffin with that yellow lighting. Of course my favorite room would be the lab. Loved the second scare that sent them running out. Perfect exit point and final scene. Was the monster a prop or an actor? I thought prop but wasn't sure. In any event you had a great crew there and the video was not only fun to watch but beautifully done. You are going to be SO missed come 2021 both in your neighborhood and here. There will be kids telling the kids who come after them in ToTing about Roads End and you. Nice legacy to future haunters!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jdubbya, your video had me smiling and laughing. Gosh, so much fun to watch. The cemetary looked fabulous and beautifully lit. I loved the framing of the corpse mummy in the cross coffin with that yellow lighting. Of course my favorite room would be the lab. Loved the second scare that sent them running out. Perfect exit point and final scene. Was the monster a prop or an actor? I thought prop but wasn't sure. In any event you had a great crew there and the video was not only fun to watch but beautifully done. You are going to be SO missed come 2021 both in your neighborhood and here. There will be kids telling the kids who come after them in ToTing about Roads End and you. Nice legacy to future haunters!
Thanks GOS! Too kind. The monster was an actor, actually a 6'3 high school senior who has been part of our crew for the past 5 years. He did an awesome job, as did all of our crew. The lab room was a lot of fun to put together and we had a lot of distractions to set up the scares. You can tell by the doctor and Igor that it was hard to keep a straight face with some of the guests getting scared! The exit scare was a well placed drop panel, and just when they thought they had made it safely to the exit, WHAM!! lol! We truly hope we in some way inspire someone else to do this, if even on a small scale. Our guests seem to appreciate our efforts every year. We have plans for a smaller type of set-up once the walk through is done, but the next two years will be a blast!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts