Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was the third collaborative haunt between myself and fellow forum member lewlew (Mark). This year we darkened things down several shades and went with a vampire crypt theme. Planning began back in February and culminated in our biggest and best walk through ever. The layout consisted of a front yard display, Mark's amazing foam block mausoleum entrance, the main building, a scene on our patio, the monks graveyard in the driveway, followed by the corn maze, then back into the building, through a pitch dark maze and into the throne room. There were three drop panel scares, a plexi window scare, catacombs that held a variety of vampires and a hidden locker scare. We overheard at least two people that said they wet themselves, and the screams and laughs were non stop for over two solid hours. Our crew of 31 actors entertained and scared close to 800 guests. We went to great lengths with detail this year and it didn't go unnoticed although there were many people who were too terrified to take it all in. All in all an epic Halloween capped off by perfect weather and an appreciative crowd. Too many pictures and details to get them all in here but these are some of our favorites. Thanks for looking!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome and super creepy. And all this was for a single night? Looks like the actors had a great time. Did anyone get video?
Edit
You were uploading more pics as I was typing. Additional awesomness!!!
Thanks! WE did not get video. There was so much going on and so many things to coordinate that we frankly didn't have the time. We did have a go pro we were going to set up in one of the rooms but last minute things kept us from doing it right so we nixed it. You really almost have to have a dedicated video person for something like this. In spite of no video, we all had an absolute blast. It'll be tough to top this one!

We did have a dress rehearsal/friends and family night on the 30th. About 100 people came through and loved it. Gave us a chance to tweak last minute things and allow our crew to practice their parts a little before the big night.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I am amazed at how you keep increasing the detail quality. It was great to see some of lewlew's coffins being used this year. I think you should scrub the internet of your proclamation several years ago that you were downsizing. If you guys are downsizing then I would hate see what upsizing would mean for your haunt. :D

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am amazed at how you keep increasing the detail quality. It was great to see some of lewlew's coffins being used this year. I think you should scrub the internet of your proclamation several years ago that you were downsizing. If you guys are downsizing then I would hate see what upsizing would mean for your haunt. :D
Well, I WAS going to downsize until lewlew came on board lol!! This year was reminiscent of my old footprint. We expanded out the back of the building this year to accommodate the different scenes and scare zones we wanted to achieve and it worked perfectly. We won't go this big again and are nixing anything past the building. It was a lot of fun but a ton of work. We're scaling it back next year to make it more manageable. If we had the space and help, we'd double the size of what we do now! lol!

·
Registered
Yorkshire Scarer
1,252 Posts
You guys truly are amazing. I am in awe of your talent. If I could do even a tenth as well for Halloween where I work it would blow their minds.

·
Sleep with one eye open
Ghosts in Old Dark Houses
612 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You guys truly are amazing. I am in awe of your talent. If I could do even a tenth as well for Halloween where I work it would blow their minds.
Thank you very much! Everything came together perfectly and every scene was a small haunt in itself.

Great cast of vampires and fantastic scenes . The photo of Barlow/Nosferatu is amazing , looks creepier than the movies .
Thanks! That's one of Death Studios masks called "Vampyre." It looked amazing under the haunt lighting.

Outstanding! You all did a fantastic job!
Thanks! Our crew was awesome. They played their parts to perfection and had fun doing it as well!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,721 Posts
Just... wow. Y'all independently made some pretty impressive props and display/haunts. But together? It looks better than some of the professional haunts I've been to. I am really awestruck. Absolutely amazing haunt. :cool:

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just... wow. Y'all independently made some pretty impressive props and display/haunts. But together? It looks better than some of the professional haunts I've been to. I am really awestruck. Absolutely amazing haunt. :cool:
Thanks! We have a lot of fun doing this together! Several folks commented that it was better than paid haunts they went to. That makes us feel good! Nice to know folks appreciate our efforts.

This is a really spectacular result...you guys should be very proud of the scale, attention to detail, and overall quality that you put forward!

With this type of display, and sheer number of folks coming through, you're bound to be inspiring dozens of the next generation to carry the torch.

Awesome! :D
Thanks my friend! Too kind! We're thinking some of these kids will get some ideas and hopefully do something at their own places someday. That'd be great!

Reactions: weeping angel

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jerry you guys outdid yourselves once again! I'm terrified & I'm only scrolling through the pictures lol. You guys brought it this year (and every year for that matter). Outstanding!!
Thanks Ween! Much appreciated! It really did come together nicely and for a home haunt, it packed a punch. The main structure is only 24' x 11' wide so we maximize the space each year. Taking some of it beyond the building and into the drive helped the vision come to fruition and it paid off! Everyone involved had a lot of fun!

·
Registered
14,684 Posts
Wow, everything turned out fantastic! Have kind of been following your prop/mask/costume purchases this year. Absolutely love that one robe. Adds so much to overall look. All great creepy masks. And jealous of your crew there ;). You might not have grabbed a video (which is too bad) but man your photos are great. Would have loved to have seen in person. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts