Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Pretty cool not to mention inexpensive. I always thought that the ones from vendors were kind of expensive for what you get.
Matching weapons would be a cool idea for my "children" if you remember them. I have been trying to think of a unifying symbol or something for them. A weird weapon would be good.
Because we're on a farm I always thought of sickles and even put one in the scene out of reach but a bunch of real ones might be too much temptation.

·
Registered
720 Posts
....Because we're on a farm I always thought of sickles and even put one in the scene out of reach but a bunch of real ones might be too much temptation.
You need pitchforks and meat cleavers and ice block hooks and log picks. You could use solid-core copper wire like used for heavy electrical work. Or if you can find it cheaper, multi-strand unsheathed grounding copper lines. Those would be rigid enough for a good frame, yet soft enough to bend for safety. Then papier mache or Great Stuff foam to cover the wire and shape into a pitchfork or whatever you choose.

The more variety, the more fun you'll have making them. Guaranteed an arsenal of fake farm weapons will grab some second glances! Don't forget to study up on rusty tools to replicate that old beat worn out look for authenticity.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts