Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
13,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped in today and found that RITE AID Pharmacy has 50% off all garden statutes this week. The store I was in had a lot of different statutes of all sizes on the shelves. Some religious, some cupid/angels, some animals, and these gargoyles:

They are light weight, guessing made of a poly stone, and retail at 19.99, so on sale for 9.99 with a Rite Aid Wellness Rewards Card. Came in the two versions shown. I thought this was a great non-halloween sales price. Being so light weight I think they would work well as column toppers as well.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
In that case, I will have to check the ones around here again... Maybe they have received some by now, hopefully. Thanks for the announcement, GoS.

·
The Duke of Spook
1,976 Posts
Hehe... I like those guys. Would look cool sitting in flower bed somewhere.

Give me a great excuse to take the rasta fari garden nome my wife was giving as a gift and smash it with a bowling ball. Hate that thing.... :mad:

·
Registered
13,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The garden sale runs this week 3/2-3/8 (but check your local flyer at riteaid.com, locations it applies to are on the last page of flyer at bottom).

They are a decent size:

8-1/2 inches tall, 7-1/2 inches wide (wing to wing tips), 7 inches deep.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Thanks for the heads up....got mine.

BTW: There were just big yellow 50% off signs all around the garden area in my store so I don't know if you necessarily need their rewards card

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Usually the Rite Aid at the end of our street never gets these. I'm going to stop in tomorrow and see.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up, I think. There's a Rite Aid on my wife's way home so I had her stop by and check what they had available. We ended up with 2 gargoyles and 4 different angels. Not bad for about $85.

They should add some additional interest to our graveyard this year.

·
Registered
13,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL. Glad so many people are finding this worth going out to find in their area. Those must have been some nice angels Chewbacca. Any photos from your wive's trip? People might be interested to see the angels they have as well. They make nice tombstone toppers to incorporate if you are building one.

Wanted to mention that the larger 50% off signs in the aisle don't mention the card but all the yellow smaller tags by the specific statutes do by saying "As Advertised" and the flyer states you need the card to get the discount. I also think that unless the card is scanned or entered first, the item won't come up with the sale price. I think they have cards in the stores if you don't have one and just walk in and want to take advantage of the sale.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Those are awesome, Chewy. I love the Victorian styling to the bases of the first and third angels.

No gargs, so perhaps I will wind up with a couple of cherubs instead (painted black, of course).

·
Registered
623 Posts
The third one actually has a solar powered LED light inside the ball.

The figures remind me of the child figures from the movie "The Haunting". I think that with the right lighting and setting they could be creepy as is. Although I may just enhance the shading to improve the definition a little. The last two could definitely use it.

·
Registered
13,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Those are nice Chewie. Different than the ones I saw at my store, at least the one I was in today. I only grabbed one photo since they had a really small section (a smaller store). I'll come back and post to show some other looks. Wish I would have grabbed some more photos at the larger store. I went to the smaller store this a.m. to look for more gargoyles. They only had two and matched the ones I bought yesterday so picked them up. Have a long courtyard half wall I'd like to set them on like the ones you see lined up on the roofs of old medieval buildings.

I'd definitely suggest hitting a larger store if you have one for a better garden selection.

Don't remember if you guys saw the three jumbo plastic colored eggs (Alien Eggs?) that I posted a photo of from Hobby Lobby, but Rite Aid has a similar but smaller set of 3 nesting eggs. RiteAid's are 9.99, HL's were 19.99 (16, 12, 8 inch eggs). The largest RA one I would guess is 12 inches.

·
Registered
623 Posts
The one we shop at, where we got the angels, is a fairly large store. They generally have two or three 30' aisles of seasonal stuff right at the front of the store. Of course a lot of the stuff is either over priced or junk. Although some of the over priced stuff looks a lot better with a good 50% off sale.

·
Registered
13,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Guess I could also mention that I found the cutest standing fuzzy white rabbit statute in the RiteAid Easter candy area that I bought and will use in a carnival magician's hat. The hat is a top hat from The 99 Cent Only Store last year. It's pretty tall and the standing rabbit is a perfect pose to have him noticed in the hat. The plan will be to afffix a rod to bottom of the rabbit and run the rod down through the hat and magician's table below hiding the mechanism. Either a simple foot controlled lever or a triggered motor will raise the rod up...causing the rabbit to rise up in the hat...would be the ultimate plan to make the rabbit appear and disappear.

Here's the rabbit I couldn't pass up. Looks right at home in that hat. I removed the price tag on the bottom of him and he seems to be made of a plaster possibly and already had two holes in him. Should make my affixing a support bracket and rod much easier. At least I hope so. In the meantime he'll do double duty in an Easter Basket.

·
Registered
13,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I keep forgetting to mention that RiteAid also carries Libman's real ostrich feather dusters....the ones used in last year's Haunted hotel thread to make a home-made haunted feather duster prop. When I was making mine for our hotel, finding a duster with real feathers, not the fake dyed looking ones out there, was not an easy thing to find. So just a heads up. If you use your RiteAid rewards card during the year, you can also get it at a discount when you get your rewards. Think they were around $8-9.

·
Registered
185 Posts
You can also order from Rite Aid online. The items are higher priced, but better quality. If you have a reward card, you probably received an email for 20% off if you spend over $50.00. There are gargoyles, cherubs, a cool sewer dweller, an alien, etc.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts