Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Soak, Line Dry, Display. Don't wash after soaking or much of it will wash away... I use it on my spider web every year.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,316 Posts
What's RIT and W&B?
RIT is a name brand of fabric dyes. The W&B is for whitener & brightener - not bleach - does just what the name says.

Using the W&B it is possible to get stuff to glow under backlight.

I personally just use really cheap detergent or fabric softener that has the phosphors and don't rinse (same technique - soak, and air dry) but the Rit stuff works very well. :)

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,316 Posts
I bought some generic woolite from the dollar store, mixed it up into a half/half with water and put it in a fine mist spray bottle. I mist my FCG with the blacklight on to see the coverage in action and touch up spots I missed.

The RIT stuff would be better, but I'm not wanting a super-duper glow. ;)

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
I used the stovetop-cooking method of W&B on my store-bought rope spiderweb & got a great glow from the blacklight. This is good for small amounts of fabric, large impact (glow). Not sure, but would probably have to use a pretty big pot for standard bedsheets I think.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Can someone help me with how much Rit is needed for something like an FCG?

How much cheesecloth can one box of RIT dye?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm not sure how much it can treat, but I just finished a twin bed sheet and 2 36 x 6 yard packages of cheesecloth with 1 box in a 5 gallon bucket of hot water and have PLENTY (as in gallons) left.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Walmart has it in laundry soap section, also craft stores like Michael's and Hobby Lobby. They were sold a out a lot of places I checked this year. Finally they got some more in at my Walmart last week.
+1 for Walmart! I stocked up for next year too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts