I made this coffin several years ago as a static prop to house a Blucky. After seeing some of the stuff you guys put together I got inspired to take it one step forward. I used one of those small air vent motors and a 12V wall wart for power, along with a simple PVC/wood rotation axle joint. I did use an aluminum drive bar though. The little motor barely had enough torque to raise the Blucky so I had to add a tension spring. The whole thing will go up on my shed roof so the mechanism won't be visable. Since I used scrap fence boards, my total cost is about $30.
Thanks for the inspiration and how-to help.
Here's a short clip:
YouTube - coffin