Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you haven't heard, the LA Times has just reported that Michael Jackson has died. :( I know he's become the butt of so many jokes for leading such an unorthodox life the last 15-20 years, but in his heyday he was truly a unique talent. I was a fan back in the day and Thriller was always a favorite of mine given that Halloween has always been my favorite holiday.

The story about Farrah Fawcett is just as tragic if not more. She also passed away today after her long battle with cancer. :(

May they rest in peace. Today is a very VERY sad day. :( :( :(

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
The news has just filtered through over here.
My daughter had tickets for Micheals upcoming concerts in London...
She'd always wanted to see him.
She's devastated.
:(:(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Despite all the craziness and accusations, I think that it hurts more when you think back to the good days, 1981 through approximately 1989. How many people pulled out their MJ cd's when they heard the news? Or played his music on their iPods? If you listen to his old music, it makes it much more sad. This is truly shocking and sad news to me. I don't like or appreciate what became of him through the 90s, but it saddens me when I think back to the 80s.

·
Registered
73 Posts
RIP M.J. , I think today I'm more ticked off than sad to hear about Michael's death. He has always been a good artist and person , not just after death. The media has attacked him and torn him apart and not until after his death do they suddenly put on a fake face and say how good of a person he was, yet they would make fun of him. I think society doesn't really admire how great someone is until after they die, and this is what is truly sad. I turned on the tv and Ryan Seacrest was saying how sad he is and other [email protected]%., but Ryan and all the other media d-bags constantly would rip him apart. It is unethical to make fun of Jackson basically his whole life and then just turn away and admire him, the media is full of crap. He's always been a great artist and as a society we need to admire people while they're still living.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
RIP, Michael. His music and dancing entertained all age groups. Thiller is the greatest video of all time. And I'm so glad he asked Vincent Price to do the voice and the evil laugh. We'll miss you, MJ.

RIP, Farrah. She was the sex symbol and all the girls wore their hair like hers. She was brave in her last days.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BINGO KC!!! I was thinking that exact same thing while sitting here and watching the coverage. The media always talks out of both sides of it's mouth.

I personally didn't care for the way MJ somewhat tainted his legacy the last 15 years, but I've never denied his talent. He was an incredible artist! Eccentric to say the least, but I don't think that was all his fault. He was the most famous and most watched person for the last 40+ years. That pressure along with his abnormal childhood, etc. He never grew up in a normal atmosphere. It wasn't all his fault. I really am sad today. It's so hard to believe and comprehend.

·
Registered
73 Posts
BINGO KC!!! I was thinking that exact same thing while sitting here and watching the coverage. The media is always talks out of both sides of it's mouth.

I personally didn't care for the way MJ somewhat tainted his legacy the last 15 years, but I've never denied his talent. He was an incredible artist! Eccentric to say the least, but I don't think that was all his fault. He was the most famous and most watched person for the last 40+ years. That pressure along with his abnormal childhood, etc. He never grew up in a normal atmosphere. It wasn't all his fault. I really am sad today. It's so hard to believe and comprehend.
Thank God!!!!!!!, someone understands my 16 year old mind:eek: I get so pissed at the media, they're full of [email protected]#. He's always been an incredible artist and society just recognizes it now. After all the media and his father are the ones that caused him to be the way he was, people don't get it. I'm more ticked off than sad.:mad:

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
i am just so suprised just turned to watch a show and it was this special coverage instead , wow , heart attack ? could it have been stress of coming back to the scene and singing in front of people again ?

i was not a uge fan but in my younger days admired the artist and his music , and the videos always innovative ...may he rest in peace .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No Witch, cardiac arrest is not necessarily a heart attack. It can be, but my understanding is that a heart attack (a blockage of blood flow) is just one form of cardiac arrest. Cardiac arrest is really just a sudden stoppage of the pumping of the heart, whether due to blockage, shock, chemical reaction, etc. Just thought that I'd add that since they;ve made it so clear on CNN. :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
MICHAEL JACKSON AND FARRAH ARE GONE !!!!!!!!!!
This is such a sad day for me hearing this news. :(
I grew up loving both of these artist sooo much. Both were so incredibly talented in so many ways. What a loss. What sad news. :(:(:(

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
I vividly remember watching the Motown Awards many, many years ago, and seeing the "Moonwalk" for the first time. The first Rock Concert that my two now-grown children participated in was the Jackson's Victory Tour, back in the mid-Eighties, they grew up watching MJ.

Michael had a troubled life, not unlike many modern musicians. Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis and Jim Morrison come to mind. It really is a shame that he didn't have a chance to "redeem" himself after all the problems he had.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I vividly remember watching the Motown Awards many, many years ago, and seeing the "Moonwalk" for the first time. The first Rock Concert that my two now-grown children participated in was the Jackson's Victory Tour, back in the mid-Eighties, they grew up watching MJ.

Michael had a troubled life, not unlike many modern musicians. Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis and Jim Morrison come to mind. It really is a shame that he didn't have a chance to "redeem" himself after all the problems he had.
Very well said Wolfman. I agree whole-heartedly. His Moonwalk on the Motown Music Awards was incredible! It was so futuristic and we watched it in the present. It was awe-inspiring! That really was a great moment.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I first saw Thriller one halloween and agree with MrsM on it being the best video ever, i'm really sad at his death, i don't know the truth of all the court cases and out of court settlments, i'm just remembering the good music and dance moves he made.

·
The Horror of The South
592 Posts
I first found out about this while i was at Glastonbury....
Walking down a path and seeing a cardboard sign saying Jacko is Dead, and there I am thinking it is a joke and then seeing several people with printed T-Shirts saying " I Shot Jacko".....
Thats when I started beleiving it.....

And then I got the Newspaper and confirmed that he had died....

In the newspaper it said the Michael said he wanted to be preserved in a Moonwalk pose......( was this true?)

Ruggerz

1 - 19 of 19 Posts