Halloween Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,480 Posts
I know him from the original Night of the Living Dead, he was the field TV reporter.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep! That was him. The cemmie used in the film is a short drive from my house. During filming of The Last Witch Hunter, one of the lead actors insisted on a pilgrimage there.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
RIP Chilly Billy. I only knew him frm books and documentaries about "ghost hosts", but it sounded like he was one of the best.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Terrible, terrible news....I too remember staying up late on Saturday nights to watch Chiller Theater. What great memories . He was a real legend here in Pittsburgh and I had the chance to meet him on a few different occasions and he was always friendly and pleasant. Just a real genuine guy!

·
Funeral Crasher
7,453 Posts
That's too bad. I had never heard of him before.

My local host when I was growing up was Dr. Paul Bearer in the Tampa Bay area. I miss him too.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I can say that my love for Halloween started with me watching Chiller Theatre with my dad. Every Saturday night I would stay up late and watch. One of my fondest memories as a kid was my parents taking me to Laurel Caverns(Cave system about an hour south of Pittsburgh) to actually meet and get an autograph.
Rest in Peace Bill. You're truly going to be missed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts