Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What are you using as rings for tossing?
Shower curtain rings.

The kids in my neighborhood love to touch and play with my stuff (That sounds bad, lol) One year I had a little girl ask if she could pet my zombie (It was a ground breaker with long hair). So I am not too worried about the kids being traumatized. When I start setting up some sit across the street, others come up and watch and ask how I make things. On a good year I can have up to 700 kids come through. Since I am doing a carnival theme I wanted to have some things the kids could actually touch and play with.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Keep us posted on your props for your carnival theme. We are doing the over done Carnevil theme for our adults only party

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
Omg that is so gross!! Curious how you will display the board...laying flat, on an angle, vertical?

I laughed when I read about your little ToTer wanting to pet your zombie. Last year one of ours asked my husband if she could pet our animated raven (part of a Gemmy candy dish display). I've had a few small kids back away from our gargoyles, but most younger kids just walk around with their mouths open a little and stare at stuff quietly. The petting was a new thing to me but I guess not all that unusual.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Spookie, it is set up like a table so it will set level on its legs.

It is interesting that so many people think it looks gross, I showed some people at work and they said the same thing lol.

I think part of it is the lighting in the picture, it looks a lot less creepy in person. I don't do a lot of gory stuff, mostly creepy, and I use my wife as my barometer on things since she has a pretty low threshold on things. She liked it, so either I am desensitizing her or it is coming across different in the picture versus in person.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts