Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a source for free pallets of various sized rigid foam insulation. Company says it's " rigid foam insulation with fiberglass and steel skins in various sizes. Is this stuff good for anything? Maybe not carvable for stones, but what about building walls for crypts and such? Thanks

Attachments

·
black light queen
2,506 Posts
wow ... score!

i am so jealous

be sure to take some more pics of the insulation ... if its just fiberglass with a reflective aluminum backing then that will kind of suck as this stuff is probably limited in what you could build with it ... but it is still an amazing insulation that you can use in your attic or wherever

amk

·
Registered
623 Posts
Why can't I ever find anything good like that! I was thrilled when I found 2 plastic pumpkins at Goodwill.

·
What Hump?
1,107 Posts
The "fiberglass and steel skins" part would worry me, as far as carving or engraving goes.
It could certainly be used for making walls or other structures that you could paint or detail by other means than carving.
And you could use it for non-haunt related stuff (but what fun is that?)

I'd go to the source and take a close look at the material in person.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there a way to move this thread over to prop building? I'm thinking maybe some peeps over there might have worked with this stuff before. My husband is having second thoughts. He thinks it will be too hard to cut through. He says we would be stuck with it and doesn't want to store it forever. Sigh. I guess that makes sense.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts