Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
The Halloween King
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i've been here a few years and never ranted but i think this deserves one.

I posted a thread in merchant reviews a week or so ago asking about thehorrordome.com as i'd seen a product there i really wanted and wanted to know what the company were like.

Anyway, good reviews, and they seem like a good business.

So i go to buy it just now, it's a $58 mask, and they want $121 to ship it to the UK, not in total, $121 just for shipping, plus the cost of the mask. $180 almost for a latex mask.

Are you freaking kidding me!?!?

That has got to be more than a joke, that's taking advantage in a ridiculous way.

That's not even express shipping, that's regular.

I've sent a big big box full of firefighter turnout gear from NJ to the UK, and incase you don't know that stuff is REALLY REALLY heavy, box was quite a weight for a full grown man to pick up. Cost $68 bucks.

This is a latex mask, weighs about the weight of a single t-shirt which you can send for around $6 if not slightly less.

$121, that's insane. And i'm disgusted.

I really, really wanted that mask, was in some big plans for this year, but there's no way i can get it now, what a joke.

I mean it's fine if you're in the US or Canada, but for those who aren't, if you're going to cater to them by offering international shipping, you're mocking their intelligence if you think they're stupid enough to believe things cost that much to send.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yeah, that is deserving of a rant! What was the mask? If it's not an exclusive mask maybe someone will be able to find you one at a place that is a little more "shipping friendly".

I live in Canada and the shipping and duties from the States makes it expensive - but $121 to England, that's just crazy.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm finding the same thing with shipping costs to Canada! I send stuff to my uncles house in Michigan but I only see him at Christmas, which means I have to wait until the next Hallowe'en to even use it! It stops me from buying a lot of stuff though haha

·
Registered
487 Posts
wow that's freaking ridiculous. But like you said they take advantage of those over seas. its said to because the post office offers standard rate boxes no matter how heavy the item is its only $10 as long as it fits in the box. why dont you have some body buy it and then just ship it to you?

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
The rub goes both ways across the ocean too, however. I was looking into a crawling hand that ran something like 14-19 euros and the shipping cost to US was something like 23 euros alone for non-expedited shipping. Need less to say I haven't placed my order either.

·
Registered
210 Posts
yeah it does go both ways but I've searched canadian websites for hallowe'en stuff and let's just say a U.S. website likely like has more stuff than all the canadian websites put together haha

·
Registered
735 Posts
Dan we are carrying about ten of their masks this year and first class shipping to the UK is between $17.99-$19.99. I have shipped several masks this year already and they run in that range. If we have the one you are looking for I would be glad to get it to you. Thanks LGM

·
Registered
84 Posts
I too have noticed that US shipping costs are exorbitant.

Even when the supplier is reasonable on their charges, the USPS seems to charge a lot for what they do! I've had Kilo's of stuff from China for a fraction of the shipping cost!

I noticed another thread where people are coming up with lists of good supplier websites. Perhaps these can be aggregated with some codes to say whether they ship international and if so, minimum cost.

Other than that, if there are some kind departed souls out there who are willing to onship then that would be a great help. I'm in Australia - even worse for Halloween supplies than the UK.

·
Registered
108 Posts
US Post Office is run by the government. Not only are they planning to raise the price of stamps again, but they are trying to get it approved to have no mail delivery on Saturdays. (or it is possible that they already have it approved) (We never have had it delivered on Sunday.) They claim they cannot afford Saturday delivery.

·
Ghouls Rule
2,589 Posts
Did you try calling the company about the shipping? I frequent a retailer that delivers orders all over the world and sometimes in their checkout bugs do occur or something happened when placing a product on their site and since most of it is automated if weight is off on their end when it calculates shipping it is way crazy. If you call them and they say, ya thats the rate you can tell them where to stuff it!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll email them but the lowest I can seem to get shipping even for a small parcel (under a kilo) is usually around US$36. I've been able to get kilos of stuff from China for less than half this amount!

·
The Horror of The South
592 Posts
The best bet to do is contact them....

I was looking at some quick connects from Monster guts, these things were able to fit into a envelope, and it came up with something too iregular like $26 for something that costs $2.49
But after contacting them, i was able to get the shipping down to $7....

So OMGdan if you can contact them to get them to check it...

Ruggerz

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
The rub goes both ways across the ocean too, however. I was looking into a crawling hand that ran something like 14-19 euros and the shipping cost to US was something like 23 euros alone for non-expedited shipping. Need less to say I haven't placed my order either.
Just wondering why you would consider ordering a crawling hand from europe when the selection in the US has to be sooooooooooooooo much better.
If its really something unique that you can't get in the states, PM me and maybe I can help.

MsM

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
OMGDan....I just had a visitor from the states who had too much luggage and ended up shipping a small suitcase back to the states. That thing weighed like 23 kilo!! and it only cost 100 euro (140 dollars).
I think the one poster might be right about the shipping calculator being off on that site. I remember wanting to order from a small US company and they calculated shipping costs that were 3x as high as oriental trading. I ended up contacting them and it did turn out to be a glitch in the calculator.

MsM

1 - 20 of 38 Posts