Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know a heck of a lot about auctions but this looks pretty sweet!

Not sure of his current standings, but Rich Baker was the go-to-guy for special effects makeup for something like 40 years. I first heard of him in relation to American Werewolf in London, where he created all the practical effects for the transformations.

Anyway, you can find the auction here...

http://www.propstore.com/rickbaker/

While stuff doesn't look super-cheap, the sale price estimates don't look insane either for a piece of movie history. PLUS you can download the PDF catalogue for free (huge download). So that's worth a look

·
>^..^<
797 Posts
Wow, that is amazing - all those beautiful, intricate props! Even just leafing through the pages of the catalog and reading some of the descriptions seems really educational. The amount of work and craftsmanship that goes into everything, even for scenes that never make it to the movies. Just incredible.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Nice that the catalog can be perused in full without an actual sign-up. Lots of awesome props up for bid. Oh, to have money...:rolleyes:

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
I just posted a small article on my FB page about Baker. He's a special effect master and has been one of my idols for a very long time. He's had a magnificent career and has built a legacy that will last forever. I had no idea he was 64, sure doesn't look it. It is truly the end of an era for effects with him retiring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts