Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fiancee and I are getting married next Halloween..however, lots of spending will be happening this Halloween season for next season. Instead of an all out Halloween wedding, we are wanting it more of like a retro Halloween party. Lots of decorations that are heavily inspired from the 40s-50s. It's really hard to not intertwine current Halloween with a retro feel of Halloween. Lots of browns and oranges, sunflowers, pumpkins, etc.

I'm having a hard time finding places online I could buy from or even get inspiration from other than pinterest (which by the way, is a hodge podge mess of everything http://pinterest.com/ktinbolen/wedding-swag/). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated..I feel so stuck! :eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ive seen some retro/vintage type decorations that sound like what you are describing at Marshall's and Homegoods. There are some pictures of them in the 2013 Tjmaxx Halloween merch thread. That's all I can think of for now :)

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Oh Wow! Congratulations! What an awesome idea for a wedding! :)

Unfortunately I have no idea where to shop. The only thing that comes to mind is Disney's Tower of Terror is set in 1939, so the windows of their shop are usually full of period decorations from Halloween. I don't think they sell anything like that though. Here's a pic of some of the Halloween stuff they had in their window when we were there...

tot.jpg

and another shot from flickr...

I like this poster too, which might serve as inspiration for something...
http://woodtype.org/store/item/12

You might also want to pop a link to this thread in the other vintage threads - I do think we have some experts here. :)

·
Registered
349 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Check out a site called retro planet. They have tin signs that are cool but specialize in anything 50's...sounds like it'll be an amazing wedding!

·
Registered
530 Posts
The only thing that comes to mind is Disney's Tower of Terror is set in 1939, so the windows of their shop are usually full of period decorations from Halloween.
Woo! Sounds like so much fun! And congrats!

I don't know if it'll be much help, but you should check out the movie Tower of Terror (if you haven't seen it already). :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts