Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Undertaker
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 16 working days left till I become unemployed.....I haven't been unemployed since the first Gulf war, January 1991. I'm hoping I will finally have time to build some Halloween props this year and make some repairs!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Congratulations! What I've found is that as the time available increased the number of projects times the amount of time needed to complete them is always greater than the time available.

·
Undertaker
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, enjoy! Hubby's been retired for 11 months now and he's loving it :)
Oh thank you! I'm retiring from a carting company and I'm attempting to get hired by another but due to Obamacare I can't get full time employment. Looks like I have to have two part time jobs instead of one.

·
Undertaker
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congratulations.
It will be great to have the time for your own pursuits.
That remains to be seen ! The Boss has a list of summer pursuits all laid out for me from staining the fence and deck to re-painting the house. Oh the joy of retirement!

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,767 Posts
That remains to be seen ! The Boss has a list of summer pursuits all laid out for me from staining the fence and deck to re-painting the house. Oh the joy of retirement!
Retirement doesn't mean less work, It just means you can hit the snooze button on the alarm one more time.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I "retired" 26 years ago at the age of 38, then have worked on my Haunt and had it open almost every night since! Quite a few people have happened to notice that I have The Best Job in the World! (But it's so much FUN, it can't be a job, can it?)
Last night on Facebook a woman said she was the one who begged me to stop making her laugh when she was through my house. (Her face hurt!)
This statement did not identify her since so many have had the same experience here!
I am a sadist I guess because I don't stop making them laugh! Hey! They are adults, they should be able to control that!
"Practice! Practice!"

·
Undertaker
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I thought from your post you were unemployed (not retiring) ? Well good luck, Im sure you will find something or move to Florida like everyone seems to be doing.
You can certainly come down and build my props for me, if you have time.;)
Ketchup...Catsup....it's all the same thing just don't put it on eggs...It's disgusting!

·
Registered
369 Posts
I thought from your post you were unemployed (not retiring) ? Well good luck, Im sure you will find something or move to Florida like everyone seems to be doing.
You can certainly come down and build my props for me, if you have time.;)
Ketchup...Catsup....it's all the same thing just don't put it on eggs...It's disgusting!
I heard ketchup was good on eggs. I don't like ketchup period, but is it really bad on eggs? Lol

1 - 20 of 36 Posts