Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading about the different retailers that are going bankrupt, or closing storefronts. Feeling a little worried that they will cut back on halloween merchandise, despite halloween spending increasing last year. I do my fair share of online shopping, but nothing beats the feeling of walking in to a store's halloween section. Anyone else feeling this way?

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,784 Posts
Brick & mortar stores have been cutting back for years. Remember when Walmart would sell blow molds, tons of props, tons of decor, all in-store? I do. Now most of their stuff is online.

Some stores would skip Halloween all together if they could, but then there's some like HomeGoods that have stepped in where the others leave off.

Halloween in-store, like everything else, won't go away completely, but it will change & keep changing. I also think that the seasonal stores will continue because I think it's just the nature of the holiday, people like to see the stuff & pick out their costumes.

·
Registered
58 Posts
A lot of the stores that are closing are in a market that is highly saturated, namely Clothing. While several others are Electronics. Both types of stores that generally do not carry any Halloween Merchandise.

Most of your HomeGoods, Ross, Michaels, Joann's, Walmart, Target, etc will still continue to carry Halloween merch as it is a Holiday that does Billions in dollars every year and continues to grow. The only store of that ilk that is really struggling is Kmart, but they been struggling forever and forecasts do not look good for them making it out of 2017.

I don't think there is too much to worry about.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
A few years ago a "Halloween" store set up in the empty K-Mart.
Many of their cheap masks would not even make viable Land-Fill. They must hire three year olds to paint those so-called "Masks".
All they would be good for is giving them to your kids if you wanted them to hate Halloween, because everyone else would be laughing (evily) and pointing at them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts