Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is another cheap and easy! I needed a collection of black vintage-look candelabras but could only find brass, copper and silver plated ones. I didn't want to purchase prop-type candle holders as I required the weight of the real variety. Attempts at using spray paints was a disaster for adhesion reasons, so I covered the metal candle holders with white glue and black tissue paper. IT WORKED, I'm super happy with the results. For the instructions hop over to my blog. http://lifeartcollide.blogspot.com/2011/09/from-tacky-to-halloween-beauty-another.html
beginning coverage on silver 3 tier candleholder.jpg brass candle holder in progress.jpg staged finished large brass candle holder.jpg staged finished small 3 tier that was silver.jpg

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just finished putting up a bunch of candelabras I resurfaced during the summer and they look awesome! I recommend that you pick up any candle holder you can get your hands on regardless of the color. The black tissue and glue combo will cover anything form metal to plastic. I love cheap finds that turn into gems!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts