Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as part of my 2009 display i was going to try and make Resident Evil Dogs to guard my property. I figured using Taxidermy forms would be the easiest way to get a dog shape body and then just use the nylon and liquid latex method to corpse up the dogs. Only thing is that I worry that the nylons will not go over the dogs body properly and i will have a lot of overlapping nylons that will look tacky and unprofessional. Does anyone have any other ideas for corpsing a hard foam taxidermy form?

I was thinking about using Thumbtacks to hold the nylons in place while i cut and rip the nylons and then coat them in Liquid Latex. I figured this would help keep the nylons from over lapping and hopefully solve my problems but i figure its not gonna hurt to get other opinions so please fill me in with any ideas you may have on how else i could corpse my hounds.

·
Hauntless
8,343 Posts
I've never corpsed before but perhaps do the nylons and liquid latex thing you were thinking. Let it dry and then pick out the areas you don't like (overlapping or anything else) and let that decide for you where to put fur. So the fur becomes the way to disguise any faults. I hope I'm making sense with this idea.....

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i am trying to make the dogs look like the ones from resident evil so i really won't be adding fur sice a doberman pincher's fur is so short to begin with. I also looked into Hyena's and they are a little too big forwhat i am looking for and they are also too expensive for me.

I think i am just going to get one form and experiment with it.

·
Registered
591 Posts
what you could do is put the nylons on the legs use panty hose in two sets one set in the back put them on like pants cut a hole for the tail then the other pair for for the front legs cut a hole for the head maybe you wouldn't need to.might be able to keep the head inside the hose, then at the overlap thumb tack and latex up to the overlap but not on it after you feel the latex has "glued"the rest of the hose so it won't stretch back then cut the over lap though both layers in a not straight line that way you don't notice the cut line then finish latexing the seam.It's a pain to cut though the latex and nylons and remove the overlap is why you would do it that way.

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Part of me was even thinking of using spray adhesive and cheese cloth but i think it might look too much like material verses actual skin.

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you think that nylons for little kids would work better? I figured since a normal adult's panty hose are too big and there would be way too much fabric for one half of a dog. I think a childs nylons would work better.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Have you thought of using the xmas reindeer? I know a lot of people use these to make animals and have the head movement at the same time. You could use duct tape and wrap the body and then use the nylons.

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Growler,

I have seen some of the final products of the christmas reindeer and i don't like the way they look.

Scream1973,

Can you go into a little more detail about this?

·
Registered
304 Posts
At our local fabric store they sell a material thats very similar to nylons except its a lil more open than nylons typically are almost like a very tight bug netting. (Think almost like beef netting) They sell it by the yard and its around 3 foot wide by however long you want it to be.

·
Scarhead Brain Tumor Guy
946 Posts
Mrs. UNpleasant broke her leg/ankle 10 days ago... I mention this because she got a cast made of fiberglass fabric that came out of sealed packages(like potato chip bags). The doc placed them on her leg and minutes later it was hard as a rock. Do I know where to get this stuff ? No but I think it would work for perfectly for shape those dogs which btw scared the hekk outta me when playing RE.

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmmm.. Lots of good ideas here. Thanks!

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay i purchased the coyote form and should have it in a week or so. I will start building hopefully around March/April. I decided to add to the gore/zombie look i will use a wood burning tool to carve into the form and make exposed wounds and bones.

Anyone know where i can find some good pictures of the resident evil dogs?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Okay i purchased the coyote form and should have it in a week or so. I will start building hopefully around March/April. I decided to add to the gore/zombie look i will use a wood burning tool to carve into the form and make exposed wounds and bones.

I looked them up on Google, as an image search and found a few pics.

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah thats what i did but they're not very good. I guess i'll have to just use the movie for my reference.

·
Registered
591 Posts

were did you find the coyote form?

1 - 20 of 190 Posts