Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
lurking in the shadows
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went back all the way to the beginning of October to see if there was a thread on REPO

..I was surprised no one here jumped on this movie :D

My daughter has been talkin about it for months after watching it online...We rented it Friday..Gotta say, I am hooked. Like the music, like the fresh new premise-- Like the little twisted portrayals.

Still had a hard time getting past Anthony Stewart-Head as "Giles" (LOL, kept waiting for him to burst into the buffy musical :p) Bill Mosely (Otis of HOTC) was awesome--The GraveRobber (for the ladies) is sexy as hell in a twisted dark way :p

I think this one definitely has Cult Classic written all over it :D...

Not really crazy on alot of Musicals.. Sweeney Todd is brillint but the music makes me nuts after awhile...

But I am liking REPO quite a bit... Will be owning the movie as WELL as the SOUND track--

·
Registered
129 Posts
There was a screening of this at the beginning of May at a monthly cult movie club near me but things didnt work out and I didnt get to see it. Im gonna have to rent this one though!

·
lurking in the shadows
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely worth the rent..and don't be surprised when the music gets stuck in your head :p

I am really, really surprised no one has replied to the thread or seen it except me and BODYBAGGING--I mean I realize it is an "Indie" put out by LIONSGATE, but the peeps here are usally into odd things ;) even if they aren't over promoted...

I love its originality (I am over remakes)

Many of the big cities have "shadowcasts" during the movie just like ye old "Rocky Horror"--
plus I would think the draw of Bill Mosely and Anthony Stewart Head would have had some curious.

Anywho--We rented it friday..the thought of giving it back to BLOCKBUSTER wasn't sittin well..so I went to MAULmart and bought it.... Unfortunately, unless it's BLUERAY you don't get the deleted scenes, but you can watch them on You Tube :D

·
lurking in the shadows
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, i have heard depending on how WELL we can all get this little movie out there--there is a Prequel & a Sequel.. "Repo" we have is actually the MIDDLE story--

As long as GraveRobber is in both the others... Giggle....

How much do they charge in the theatre with the "shadowcasts"? Seriously thinking of taking a road trip to do the Theatre thing :D

-- I bought the DVD for 13.00

·
lurking in the shadows
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, least there are a couple of us here ;) with AWESOME taste in Cult movies :D Instead of tired old remakes :p

you on the Repo boards at all?

We are going to Tampa, June 13th where it is being shown with a Shadowcast..Word has Terrance Zdunich *GraveRobber* will be there. As well as alot of the actors from the movie..should be a LOT of fun :D

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I didn't know what this was at first, because of the lack of faith of Lionsgate.
And because they didn't believe in it.... there was very little to no advertising. It came out to dvd in January. I had picked it up & put it back, several times at the video store. lol My friends twisted my arm to see it, with their rave reviews. I totally got into it, although it was a bit graphic to get over at first. The songs did get into my head & couldn't get enough. I made it my personal quest to find the cd. Had ran all over town trying to find it. If I would have just checked at Hot Topic, first it wouldn't have done all that running. Yes, it is very underground.

·
lurking in the shadows
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haunty-- your story is not one that most REPO addicts haven't told, you know? I think 90% of the movie's fan bas mostly found it the way WE HAVE, hehehehe---

When I posted the thread here I was shocked no one even here except (bodybagging Knew what "REPO" was. Sad really, especially with re-make hell going on.

We are goin to a shadowcast show Saturday in Tampa... TZ (GRAVEROBBER) will be there as will Darren Smith, and talk of others.from the movie will be as well .the Meet n greet is 3:30 til6pm... I'll PM you our pics we get..Have you joined the Repo boards?

TZ is on myspace as well and answers all his comments, messages, ect;
The Creators also post quite abit at repo-Army.com it's pretty cool :D

NOW that is GONNA rawk-- :D

·
lurking in the shadows
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Florida peeps---

http://www.stubmatic.com/TheUnworthyHeir s/event/1137

***CASH ONLY AT THE DOOR the day of the event. ONLINE TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE UNTIL 9:00 AM ON SATURDAY JUNE 13TH.

NO TICKETS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE BOX OFFICE ONLINE. PLEASE DO NOT INQUIRE OF THE THEATRE THEY WILL ONLY DIRECT YOU BACK TO US.

*** FOR TICKETS BOUGHT ON LINE: PLEASE BE SURE TO HAVE THE BOOKING REFERENCE NUMBER READY AT THE WILL CALL/TICKET WINDOW. THIS IS YOUR RECEIPT NUMBER FOR REDEMPTION AT THE BOX OFFICE AND WILL TELL US HOW MANY TICKETS YOU HAVE RESERVED!!

WITHOUT THIS NUMBER WE HAVE NO WAY OF REDEEMING YOUR TICKETS. DO NOT LEAVE HOME WITHOUT THE BOOKING REFERENCE NUMBER!!!

Event: 3:30PM until 8PM.

PLEASE BE SURE TO ARRIVE EARLY FOR AUTOGRAPHS AND PICTURES WITH OUR GUESTS.

MEET & GREET WITH TERRANCE ZDUNICH, DARREN SMITH, J LAROSE and others TBA, WILL BEGIN 3:30PM - 5:15PM

5:15 - 5:30PM Intermission for Guests and general admission to Theatre 6 for ticket holders.

PRE SHOW BEGINS IN THEATRE 6 at 5:30PM

Shadow Cast Screening of Repo! The Genetic Opera at 6PM

There will be a Q & A following the show with guests: TERRANCE ZDUNICH, DARREN SMITH, J LAROSE and others TBA.

Event ends at 8PM.

***Please enjoy the cash bar in the lobby responsibly. ID will be required for purchase/consumption of alcohol. No one under the age of 21 will be permitted to purchase or consume alcoholic beverages under penalty of law.

*** WARNING: IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE TOUCHED, POKED, PRODDED, MOLESTED, GROPED, AND OR OTHERWISE YANKED INTO IMPROMTU AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION STUNTS, DO NOT.... I REPEAT DO NOT SIT ON AN OUTSIDE ROW OR END SEAT FOR YOU WILL BE SUBJECT TO ANY AND ALL OF THE ABOVE AND MORE!!!!

BE PREPARED TO TESTIFY!!!

YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT BABY GENECO'S GOT IT!!! SO COME GET IT SATURDAY JUNE 13TH @ CHANNELSIDE IMAX THEATRE

IN TAMPA FLORIDA!!

(This Movie is Rated R by the Motion Picture Association)

·
lurking in the shadows
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi guys!
The Repo pics from over the weekend are up on my myspace page.
But ya have to be a 'friend' I am set to private because of past trouble with fakes...unless I recognize ya I can't add ya--Sorry :(

www.myspace.com/crescnttmoon

TZ, DS, and J LaRose (would you care to comment sir? and also of the SAW movies) were awesome people-- took their time with everyone, took pics, hung out after the movie--
It was awesome!-- here's one I have on Photobucket

The Horns up were TZ's Idea, LOL--

1 - 11 of 11 Posts