Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping for some guidance regarding repairing my very old Boris Talking Skull. I think he is at least 10 years old and played out last Halloween so I began taking him apart to see what I could figure out.

I surprised myself when I finally determined where the loose black wire should be placed on Boris. Looks like it ripped off of the black cover (where the batteries are held on the other side), so I simply need to reattach this wire to one of the metal connectors so that juice from the batteries will get to Boris.

My question is how to do so. I have absolutely no electrical skills but thought that a soldering iron may be a good investment for this and other halloween projects. Bought one on amazon.

So should I solder to repair Boris and if so, what type of solder do I buy? I did not realize there were so many different types and the last thing I want is to completely ruin Boris with solder iron/wrong solder when a piece of black electrical tape could have done the trick. :)

And feedback is appreciated!

·
Scariest guy on the block
1,956 Posts
You want to use rosin core solder for electronics. Acid core solder will corrode the wires and terminals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts