Halloween Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am beyond excited to have a party this year. I have not had a real Halloween Party in years but now I plan on doing it up right, in this fabulous Craftsman I am renting.

Room Property Living room Furniture Interior design

In this front room/living room, I envision a simple witch scene (which will be carried over from the witches flying in the 2 birch trees flanking the front yard sidewalk). I'll add a green light bulb in the overhead light fixture, to make the room glow green. One witch will stand by the fireplace, and in the fireplace will be the Grandin Road fire and ice bulb.

Hearth Fireplace Property Room Tile

Not sure if you can see it, but there is an iron kettle arm that swings in and out of the fire place, PERFECT for a small cauldron with a mini fogger inside. Also, those two iron owls have GLASS eyes that light up from behind when the fire is burning!

Tile Art Bird Tattoo Crow

The fireplace has really neat tiles surrounding it, and in the two upper corners are these wonderful RAVENS.

Hearth Fireplace Room Living room Property

Note the perfect glass cabinet with several shelves, where I will display lighted up potion bottles and other curiosities.

Hearth Fireplace Property Room Living room

More of the fireplace. It has a neat built in desk on the other side, where I can put a witch's spell book or something of that sort.

The next room my guests will walk through is the DINING ROOM, which I will have some curtains pulled to the side before transitioning to that scene of the red and black VAMPIRE'S LAIR. I'll post pictures of that room next!

I am so excited to get this party going!!!!:D

·
Registered
77 Posts
OH MY GOODNESS that is the most gorgeous fireplace with the art tiles I have seen, and I am a Realtor!! Stunningly perfect for Halloween. You had better take plenty of photos and post please!! The built-in bookcase is the perfect cabinet of curiosities, and the built-in desk...swoon! Lucky you to rent such a gorgeous home. Cannot wait to see more photos.

·
Registered
410 Posts
How perfect! I especially love the floor, all the inlaid work, amazing! Do you know what year it was built? I have a small 1929 craftsman style home myself and I just love art deco/nouveau/mission styles. Yes, keep us posted!

·
bone collector
3,167 Posts
Wow! That fireplace is AMAZING and I *love* the owl andirons!!! And the arm that you can hang a cauldron on!! I might faint! What a PERFECT room for a Halloween party! Your ideas sound great! Can't wait to see how it turns out!
Ditto what J&M said!

·
The Sea Witch
2,447 Posts
i really need to post pics of my house..... mine is the one i grew up in and was built in 1906.

old big houses are the best (well, not when you have to hire plumbers and electricians and other random repair men over other week but whatever... you dont own it so you dont have to deal with it LOLOLOL!)

speaking of, i need to call the plumbers.

ugh.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts