Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys-
Yup, I'm an idiot. I got latex paint on the sidewalk- black, of all things. It's pretty bad. I need to remove it before the HOA gets on me about it. I sprayed water on it- but it was too soaked in. I won't be able to get to it today, so it's going to have another full day baking in the sun. What's the best way? I assume some kind of solvent and a wire brush?

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'll be interested to see what you come up with. We painted the garage floor for our swamp room, and I didn't know if I could get it off, or if I would just have to let it wear off.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ahhh! Pressure Washer! Sweet! I actually have one that I never used- this is a perfect time for it! Do I need to soak it with any solvents first? I don't think it's a high end really good pressure washer- so not sure how well it will work.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,520 Posts
I suggest mixing up a sidewalk gray paint to camouflage it if you couldn't get it off there with the pressure washing...:D

·
Registered
119 Posts
When that happened to me I let it dry and it peeled right off.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Pressure wash sidewalk. Let dry. Saturate a small paint roller with a non toxic/enzymatic paint stripper (so the runoff won't kill any surrounding vegetation.) Let sit for 30 minutes. Pressure Wash. Let dry. Repeat as necessary. Also, alternate paint stripper with baking soda and vinegar. As of now, you're trying to get the pigment out of the porous concrete sub-surface. Think "exfoliate".
Also, you can take Frankie's Girl' advice and just look into blending the stain out with a quart or two of masonry exterior paint.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,520 Posts
Or you could just do this: :D

(had my sidewalk ripped out by the water company 2 weeks ago to fix a leak on the OTHER side of the road... :rolleyes: )

1 - 13 of 13 Posts