Halloween Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

With the help of advice I've found around here I've managed to remove some motion detectors from items, but it's usually hit or miss: sometimes the simple route of connecting wires works, sometimes it doesn't.

Right now I'm trying to remove the motion sensor from a "motion maker" included in a shaking Sadie the Maid (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Tmj0KJWakE) but am not having any luck. Below are some photos. Any idea what I can do to get this thing running continuously??

Thank you!

The motion maker. It runs off either an ac cord or batteries.

photo(9).JPG

The area where the two motion sensor wires (red and black) enter.

photo(11).JPG

While removing this from the figure the motion sensor actually just pulled off on its own, leaving me with these two wires...

photo(10).JPG

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Really hard to tell from the photos but I would say if you can locate the 2 wires that supply power to the motor, that's all you need. Just cut them from the rest of the circuit and power the motor so it runs continuous. You should be able to use different voltages to adjust the speed of the shake.

·
Macho Nacho
859 Posts
I agree with what setarcos says. But if you still wanna try it I would put a multimeter on the two legs of the LDR and measure the resistance across it when you walk past or "trigger" it . Then replace the the LDR with that value of a resistor. But with the price of that prop I'm not sure I would fiddle with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts