Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D.....finally.....no matter how many times I have carefully removed a whole label that glue residue is always left behind and soaking/dishwashers never seem to help....today was the day...I have been trying to remove it off this big plastic pretzel container all day...vinegar, kaboom, windex, oxiclean, rubbing alcohol...everything short of the vodka....:mad:for crying out loud I just want to make a head in a jar...PEANUT BUTTER PEOPLE! I smeared on a thin coat and about 10 mins later it just came off by the spoon and I just washed it clean!!! PEANUT BUTTER!!!

:Dhappy jar making:D

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,390 Posts
I mostly use goo gone and have used cooking oil with mixed results. I'll have to try the peanut butter since I'm always misplacing that little bottle of goo gone. :) Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
635 Posts
WD40. I use it all the time to remove label residue. Spray it on and scrub the residue off with a paper towel. Works like a charm, but you may need to spray it on several times.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Goo Gone works awesome & smells good too!

But most of the time, just soaking in some soapy water & a little elbow grease does the trick for me. I reuse glass jars, so it's not uncommon in my house to have a row of jars by the toaster oven waiting for a hot water soak in between dish loads...those little nettings help too - y'know, the little bags that onions, garlic, & the like come in? For that last little bit that won't come off, it works marvelously....

·
Registered
383 Posts
Peanut butter or Goo Gone has never solved my sticky problems. I guess it depends which adhesive you are dealing with. I first grab the TSP (trisodium phosphate). It's a degreaser that professional painters use to clean greasy walls before painting; it's also what used to be added to laundry and dishwasher detergents before mass use was banned for us peasants a few years ago (it's still used commercially). I buy a box and keep it around to soak off labels, and also add to my dishwasher and laundry. There are a lot of fake products being represented as TSP, so you have to make sure you are really buying the compound, pure tridodium phosphate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All I use to get glue goo off if margarine. Mind you it's only good for things you can wash which in most cases that is where the glue is, but letting it sit for a few hours - or over night which is better - really works well. When washing I use like to use a steel wool sponge, but a cloth works as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Peanut butter! How's that for using what you have around the house! Nice. Windsor and newton brush cleaner does a killer job as well...though I bet it would be pretty bad if you used it on plastic. Only glass.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.