Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gang,

Imagine this if you will.......a séance to contact Jack the Ripper...several minutes into the séance, the smell of old leather is detected....no one has left the séance table the entire time.......sound spooky?

My idea is to set an electric tart warmer with leather sent in the room and switch it on remotely during the séance. My question is...is there a remote switch that I can plug the warner into so I can turn it on with a fob control or some other such thing?

Thanks!

LDG

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Any hardware store should have such an item,maybe $6 to $10.
I read about a man who had a very good sterio system the kind that when the turn table was turning there was No Hiss coming from his speakers.
He had made a recording with 20 minutes of silence, then a scream, all timed so as they all were "In-Hand" at that right moment of achieved tension and Quiet, a huge scream came at everyone! (Even though his hands were tightly held by another.)
One of the first publications of Leonard Pickle's Haunted Attraction Magazine (When it was more like a "Flyer") had a story of two Brothers in Key West, Fl. who had "Show" seances,they had something like 135 different effects they could do in that one room , and they never used all of them for any one seance, and they had a very good sense of how to build the anticipation.....

Another man who had a "Show Seance" quit it after a couple of years because he got so aggravated by people who kept wanting his "Show" to be a real one, mostly so they could ask a dead relative their personal, burning question"Where did you hide THE MONEY?"

·
Funeral Crasher
7,445 Posts
I have bought something like that from Lowe's in the past. I use them out in the yard every Halloween.
You plug your device into the receiver outlet, plug that into an electric outlet, then you hold the wireless remote to activate it on and off.
I bought one years ago from my local BJ's store where the remote could control 3 different outlets.
Shop around on ebay or amazon.

They work great!

·
Funeral Crasher
7,445 Posts
Another man who had a "Show Seance" quit it after a couple of years because he got so aggravated by people who kept wanting his "Show" to be a real one, mostly so they could ask a dead relative their personal, burning question"Where did you hide THE MONEY?"
The guy should have just made a quickie recording of a ghostly voice saying: "I found a way to take it with me. It's in my coffin..........". :)

( Which is dumb, because everybody knows the government will still find it in there! )

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I use what Dave described for triggering almost all of my pneumatics. They're a great device to have. I've got mine from Lowes and Target in the Christmas sections

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,773 Posts
I use what Dave described for triggering almost all of my pneumatics. They're a great device to have. I've got mine from Lowes and Target in the Christmas sections
You just gave me a great solution for something non-Halloween I was working through....thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts