Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...so remember to slow down a bit. Breath in the air, start noticing the change of color and feel that cooler air hit you. I know that life gets so busy, and I myself sometimes "forget" exactly what time it is. It is already September 15th. Just remember everyone, before it goes by, this is our time. :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
I was just appreciating it this morning actually. It air has just a slight bite to it, the walnut trees are turning yellow, and a giant yellow and black garden spider has decided to grace our porch with her gorgeous web. *content sigh* I love this time of year. :)

·
Mad Monster Maker
2,673 Posts
Breathing in that cooler air is what inspires me, spurs me into action for prop building. The summer heat and oppressive humidity put me in the doldrums, but that cool, crisp autumn air reinvigorates my creative spirit, and fortunately, we've been getting quite a bit of it lately. I've gotten more done in the last 3 weeks than the previous 8 months..

·
Halloween Elitist
2,887 Posts
We are at a good point of the year, we got Halloween in our back pocket and we still have some time to get some things done.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Amen to that, Shadowbat! I LOVE this time of year! I am chomping at the bit to start decorating!:cool:

and our weather here in NE Ohio over the next week is supposed to great. High 60's to mid 70's and only a day of real potential rain.

Next weekend is Whitehouse Farms Harvest Festival. Can't wait for that.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Its still summer here in Florida, but it is wonderful to see all of the fall and Halloween stuff in stores. We've got about another month before we have a prayer of crisp fall air.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Went to sleep the other night with the windows open, woke up all snuggled up in bed after a GREAT night of sleep breathing in the cool, crisp air. I decided that my next trip to the grocery store will have to include apple cider, ingredients for chili, squash, and ingredients for some of the various pumpkin recipes I've found on Pinterest. I'm so glad my favorite time of year is just starting!

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,114 Posts
We are at a good point of the year, we got Halloween in our back pocket and we still have some time to get some things done.

That right there ^....this is the sweet spot.

The season is just about to kick into high-gear, all of the best elements are here or on the way soon, and I still have enough time to enjoy the process before the panic sets in. :)

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I don't know where that cooler weather is and you're on crack if you think nows the time to slow down and take a breath...that time has come and gone, it's time to break out the tools and get your keester in gear. The Funeral Carriage gets moved down the driveway in less than a month

·
Registered
963 Posts
Thanks for your post, Shadowbat. Yes, when things get busy it is way too easy to forget to stop a moment and smell the black roses!

I bought two plastic skulls and two rubber masks today. And it felt like neither work nor play...it just felt like...what i was supposed to be doing...

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
One time I opened the house for tours, there were maybe 15 people waiting, I saw another group after them.. then.. nothing? I waited around.. I finally took a short walk up the block to the courtyard, some teenagers were sitting around, I said how odd it was that only two groups showed up tonight? A teen said, "Well it is the 6th of November !"
I lost so much track of the time that I thought it was still October! And I am the Haunted house guy!
My only excuse is I have been open for house tours almost every night now for 26 years! (The days and hours kind of "Blurr" together some...)

·
Registered
861 Posts
PLEASE send me just some of that weather lol !!!!!! Here today, and the next 10 days will be in the mid to high 90s =(. But I agree with everything you said, time goes sooooo fast before we know it, it will be Nov 1st. So take time and enjoy it. Only thing I cant wait for is for us to get that cool weather lol but that wont happen until early October

1 - 18 of 18 Posts