Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have broken the plastic arm on my reindeer motor. I have it mounted for a witch stirring a cauldron prop. Can I use something else that will serve the same function? I just need a piece that will fit on the metal "nut" that the plastic arm attached to. I would like to avoid ordering a new motor if possible.
Thanks.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,009 Posts
If you have basic power tools, could use a scrap piece of wood/dowel and drill holes to accommodate the attachment points?

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Just a bit of info that may be helpful, unless your setup puts very little resistance on the motor, a wiper motor is a much better option for a stirring cauldron. Not saying that a reindeer motor won't work, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

·
cheap and easy
2,294 Posts
I have broken the plastic arm on my reindeer motor. I have it mounted for a witch stirring a cauldron prop. Can I use something else that will serve the same function? I just need a piece that will fit on the metal "nut" that the plastic arm attached to. I would like to avoid ordering a new motor if possible.
Thanks.
if its like this one take the screw out and replace the plastic arm with a metal bracket like below. Walmart $1 look for it by screws, nails, metal brackets

·
cheap and easy
2,294 Posts
If its like this one use a small elbow 1/2 cpvc for hot water pipe it will be pale yellow/beige. The bottom picture shows the pvc pipe and you can use that and connect your elbow. Either way use a small bolt that will go through both sides of the elbow or pvc and the hole in the part coming out of your motor. You might have to drill one

This the motor that's inside the plastic cover and you can see how I connected the CPVC to it

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a bit of info that may be helpful, unless your setup puts very little resistance on the motor, a wiper motor is a much better option for a stirring cauldron. Not saying that a reindeer motor won't work, but it wouldn't be my first choice.
The reindeer motor is for the head movement. I have a wiper motor in the cauldron for the stirring. I was trying to make the movement more fluid and accidentally broke the arm.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
The reindeer motor is for the head movement. I have a wiper motor in the cauldron for the stirring. I was trying to make the movement more fluid and accidentally broke the arm.
Ahhh....gottcha. 👍🎃

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've been using just paint stir stick. I grab a bunch when I buy miss mixed paints. It works surprisingly well for moving a 5' foam crypt lid on a disco ball motor. Mine has been going for 3 years with no problems and I have a tendency to break things. Plus, it's really easy to replace when/if I do break it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts