Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
178 Posts
Is there, or would you share how you refurbish latex props. This year I have about 5 props where the latex has started to split and is now hard. I would love to save them, just for principle sake.

·
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there, or would you share how you refurbish latex props. This year I have about 5 props where the latex has started to split and is now hard. I would love to save them, just for principle sake.
No problem.
I mostly use cotton balls and cheese cloth dipped into liquid latex, and applied over the damaged areas. If the damaged area has texture to it, you can recreate that look by sculpting (so to speak) the cotton or cheese cloth before the latex dries. I've been using Glidden Gripper primer to prime the damaged areas before putting on the finished acrylic paint. Gripper stays nice and flexible, and sticks to almost anything.
I hope that helps in some way. I could show you in person, better than I'm trying to explain it here ;)
I'll see if I can dig up some pictures of some of the latex damage I've repaired.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thanks, at first I thought your picture was stitches, then realized it was wooden skewers. Hope I have some liquid latex laying around. So want to try this, I have Gripper at home. Soon as it moves up to 60s have work to do.

·
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just recently finished refurbishing and painting this pumpkin archway/entrance prop with UV paints.
Thanks for taking a gander.

Day photos

·
Registered
359 Posts
Since I'm still relatively new I'm just getting to the point where some of my first latex props are beginning to age and crack. Thank you for showing what's possible wiht a little patience and know-how!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts