Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been a few threads about "what is a Haunter". I hadn't put much thought into it before really, I always just thought it was someone who loved Halloween and decorating for it. But being a Haunter is far more than that in my opinion.

As I get more and more into setting up my yard for Halloween I have come to realize that being a Haunter is soooo much more than just being someone that loves Halloween. I never used to think about lighting, sound, moving props, etc. I was always just happy to buy my stuff for half off after Halloween to add to my display the following year. But now that I have discovered how much fun building my own props is, there's no going back now!!!

So, after reflecting for a bit, I have come to the opinion that Haunter is a designer, prop builder, lighting tech, sound tech, electrician, pneumatics expert and so many more things that I can't even think of. That's a lot of jobs! And most of you do it alone! MADNESS!!!

I am really still a newbie at most of this prop building stuff and I am so thankful to have a place like this forum to come and get help, inspiration and support. Every time I log in I find something new or inspirational. You guys are all fantastic!!!

Happy Halloween all!! (it's right around the corner you know!)

·
Registered
164 Posts
I agree completely. Building and creating an eerie cemetery is a great outlet for my creative brain as well as my mechanical brain. It's like being public artist, and very rewarding when people flock to see it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Can I add my thoughts to what a "Haunter" is?

The ones I know....they're stand up people : they're a part of a community
and proud to be a part. And they're an important part, even if they don't
know it.

We are the ones others look up to...they make it a point to come by and
check our decorations, our efforts. Even when we take the decorations
down...we're still known.

Because every haunt, every display (Halloween, Christmas...whatever)
we're giving back to our community.

Something we're all guilty of is making memories for a lot of people. People
we may not even know or ever speak to. But they will remember you
forever.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts