Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to use an existing Wiper Motor for a FCG, but it was just too fast. A random Idea plugged into Google led me a pretty cool solution: but here's a warning - actually creating all the linkages and bearings was a full days tinkering.

Here's the results in action:

http://members.shaw.ca/clawback/gears.wmv

I love this kind of stuff - it's what makes prop building fun.

·
Registered
335 Posts
WOW sweet job on those gears. Are they carved out of wood? That must have took some time. Some progress pics would be cool if you have any. Great idea again on slowing down that winshield motor as they are a little too fast for my taste. Mine has the original Dayton that you can't even get any more, so this might be the way to go, being the wiper motors are cheaper and more readily available. I've seen a replacement for the dayton somewhere for like $75.00. here it is:

KingSolar.com: Dayton No.1MBF5 Gearmotor - Nameplate RPM 6.6, Full load torque 25 in-lbs, Parallel Shaft, Input HP 1/229, Gear ratio 504:1, 115VAC compared to the wiper motor:
Electric Motors for Props - 12VDC Wiper Motor - Halloween Prop Building Supplies For The Home Haunter - Monster Guts - Wiper Motors for Haunting Needs

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They're cut out of Plywood using a template and a Jigsaw, and took a couple of hours to carve.

Over the next week (or so) I'll be tweaking, so I'll pull everything apart and come up with a more detailed design flow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts