Halloween Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,833 Posts
I have to thank hallomas for reminding me about this!

If I haven't PM'd anyone you yet, please just PM me. I've been busy gardening & cleaning & then my FIL went & got pneumonia during a pandemic (a thing I suggest you avoid) & I totally forgot about this!

He's fine, didn't have COVID but my mind was elsewhere for a bit. Now I've got a ginormous pile of mulch in my driveway that needs to be put in our beds outside so I've been working on that too in between the thunderstorms we've had nightly.

I'm hoping to work on these this week at night when I'm stuck inside.

1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Gardening good, thunderstorms fun, cleaning teadious, Pneumonia not good... marginally better then Covid on my scale. Good to hear he's doing ok. No worries about when cards arrive they will be well recieved and enjoyed when we get them. Stay safe

... I've been busy gardening & cleaning & then my FIL went & got pneumonia during a pandemic (a thing I suggest you avoid) & I totally forgot about this!

He's fine, didn't have COVID but my mind was elsewhere for a bit. Now I've got a ginormous pile of mulch in my driveway that needs to be put in our beds outside so I've been working on that too in between the thunderstorms we've had nightly.

I'm hoping to work on these this week at night when I'm stuck inside.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know I'm late to the party, but if there's still time to exchange, I'm in! I had designed my card a couple weeks ago, but my usual printer wasn't sure they'd be able to complete the order in time due to staff issues related to COVID-19 restrictions. I got an email today that I should be able to pick them up on Tuesday!

If anyone would like to exchange, please let me know. And if you've already sent yours out but would like to receive one of mine, please let me know that, too. Now that I (almost) have them, I want to send them!

1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
OK GRRRRRRing ... PO gave me a courteous call this morning... Our cards require an extra $4 each. Apparently the days of being no more then a 1/4 inch thick it goes for a single stamp is NO MORE. Now if it feels like something other then JUST a letter is in the envelope it's now a package and requires package postage regardless of size or weight. IF said "letter" got through we were told someone somewhere down the line will either send them back or lose their job. So sorry as much as I love you all no swag unless we can figure out a way to make it feel like paper LOL. We slit the envelope to take out the little crocheted swag causing the issue and so your cards may be a day or two late. So Sorry again but I guess that's the state of affairs currently.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,833 Posts
I just sat here & watched "Wrinkles the Clown" on Hulu while making my cards & addressing them. Just put 'em in our mailbox!

I've got extras if anyone joins late.

FTR, my envelopes are sealed I don't lick my envelopes anymore, I use a sealer that I stole from my last job, one of these. You just fill it with water & you're good to go.

I did this long before COVID because, well, let's just say paper cuts on your tongue aren't fun.

I'm also using Valentine's Day stamps because that's what I've got right now! :D

·
Registered
598 Posts
OK GRRRRRRing ... PO gave me a courteous call this morning... Our cards require an extra $4 each. Apparently the days of being no more then a 1/4 inch thick it goes for a single stamp is NO MORE. Now if it feels like something other then JUST a letter is in the envelope it's now a package and requires package postage regardless of size or weight. IF said "letter" got through we were told someone somewhere down the line will either send them back or lose their job. So sorry as much as I love you all no swag unless we can figure out a way to make it feel like paper LOL. We slit the envelope to take out the little crocheted swag causing the issue and so your cards may be a day or two late. So Sorry again but I guess that's the state of affairs currently.
Well that's frustrating. I got your card today and it was a much needed laugh. I almost forgot about murder hornets! 2020 has been a doozy of a year.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Im currently out of town, but can’t wait to check my mail for all your wonderful cards when I get back! Unfortunately, I didn’t have any swag to send this exchange, but I’m definitely planning some goodies for the Halloween exchange. :)

1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Happy to hear the slightly altered sendings are reaching folks. How can we forget the Murder Hornets of 2020...LOL.

Thanks go out to Hallowmas... Yep the masked zombies are causing panic in the disco
Lady Frog thanks for the festive card. It screams summer.
Thanks Holly Haunter for the great alien postcard. One day we hope to do the ET hyway... as geocachers is kinda a mecca for us.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I have to usps preview in my email , it was great seeing the greeting cards in stead of junk mail !!!
thank you all for the aliens and murder hornets and summer time poems.
so looking forward to the Halloween exchange 🎃

21 - 35 of 35 Posts