Halloween Forum banner

Red, White and Dead - July 4, 2020 card exchange

2K views 36 replies 8 participants last post by  hallowmas 
#1 · (Edited)
FEELING A CHILLY SENSATION FROM LAYING AROUND TOO LONG MOLDERING? DO YOU SUFFER FROM STAGNATE BRAIN ? HAS THE WARM SENSATION OF THE HOT SUN ON YOUR FACE MADE YOU CRAVE WARM FLESH ... uh hem, Uh I mean BBQ ?? Need something to mark this year's zombie pandemic? Want to celebrate the coming of the Murder Wasps?

Well then -- JOIN in our Red, White and Dead card exchange!

Forget about the mosquitoes having a field day on your Blood. Ignore the boredom of doing a never ending sit stay. Fire up your creative juices. It's fun - easy - and a great way to get into the groove for your next Halloween project.

Here is how it works:

Post in this thread if you wish to exchange Red, White and Dead greetings with other Halloween Forum members. Indicate if you have a mailing limit for the number of greeting you wish to send out and where you're willing to mail to... USA, USA & Canada, Everywhere and Anywhere. It can be a letter, greeting card, postcard or note - handmade or store bought. We love them all! - SOOOO TRUE

Then exchange addresses via private message with others who wish to exchange greetings and have fun!

In the hopes of getting our greetings out by July 4th I'll say a mailing deadline of June 29 will give us plenty of time to shake out the cobwebs, pat ourselves back into some kind of human shape, get our dead butts off the couch and STOP binge watching Shudder TV and become a little creative again.

Ready... Set.... Zombie WALK.. - ! Buwaa ha haaaa!

See less See more
#9 ·
Hoping more folks wander in to join us. I've been working on my cards and think I have the design figured out. Just need to share my art with Frog, for his ok. Alas our travels this year have been limited so it's some local places being used this time around.

#11 ·
LOL... Now imagine how many might carry a "Halloween" themed Independence Day card. Takes a special kind of different for that, definitely not your typical Hallmark Card. Nothing like a few zombie peeps to get us in the mood.

#17 ·
Yiks what a time to be moving... Stay safe. working on cards this weekend will be out Monday or Tuesday. Waiting on Frog's friend who works at one of those postal places to give us the Halloween Stamps we ordered last Feb. Hummm I ponder what's the hold up LOL.

#18 ·
Forgot to send out a thank you to Michael Candles for the first card of the summer. Good mix of Red White and Dead. Bang up job for your first time. I hope you'll join us again for the big Halloween card exchange.

#22 ·
I have to thank hallomas for reminding me about this!

If I haven't PM'd anyone you yet, please just PM me. I've been busy gardening & cleaning & then my FIL went & got pneumonia during a pandemic (a thing I suggest you avoid) & I totally forgot about this!

He's fine, didn't have COVID but my mind was elsewhere for a bit. Now I've got a ginormous pile of mulch in my driveway that needs to be put in our beds outside so I've been working on that too in between the thunderstorms we've had nightly.

I'm hoping to work on these this week at night when I'm stuck inside.

#24 ·
Gardening good, thunderstorms fun, cleaning teadious, Pneumonia not good... marginally better then Covid on my scale. Good to hear he's doing ok. No worries about when cards arrive they will be well recieved and enjoyed when we get them. Stay safe

... I've been busy gardening & cleaning & then my FIL went & got pneumonia during a pandemic (a thing I suggest you avoid) & I totally forgot about this!

He's fine, didn't have COVID but my mind was elsewhere for a bit. Now I've got a ginormous pile of mulch in my driveway that needs to be put in our beds outside so I've been working on that too in between the thunderstorms we've had nightly.

I'm hoping to work on these this week at night when I'm stuck inside.

#25 ·
I know I'm late to the party, but if there's still time to exchange, I'm in! I had designed my card a couple weeks ago, but my usual printer wasn't sure they'd be able to complete the order in time due to staff issues related to COVID-19 restrictions. I got an email today that I should be able to pick them up on Tuesday!

If anyone would like to exchange, please let me know. And if you've already sent yours out but would like to receive one of mine, please let me know that, too. Now that I (almost) have them, I want to send them!

#26 ·
OK GRRRRRRing ... PO gave me a courteous call this morning... Our cards require an extra $4 each. Apparently the days of being no more then a 1/4 inch thick it goes for a single stamp is NO MORE. Now if it feels like something other then JUST a letter is in the envelope it's now a package and requires package postage regardless of size or weight. IF said "letter" got through we were told someone somewhere down the line will either send them back or lose their job. So sorry as much as I love you all no swag unless we can figure out a way to make it feel like paper LOL. We slit the envelope to take out the little crocheted swag causing the issue and so your cards may be a day or two late. So Sorry again but I guess that's the state of affairs currently.

#27 · (Edited)
I just sat here & watched "Wrinkles the Clown" on Hulu while making my cards & addressing them. Just put 'em in our mailbox!

I've got extras if anyone joins late.

FTR, my envelopes are sealed I don't lick my envelopes anymore, I use a sealer that I stole from my last job, one of these. You just fill it with water & you're good to go.

I did this long before COVID because, well, let's just say paper cuts on your tongue aren't fun.

I'm also using Valentine's Day stamps because that's what I've got right now! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.