Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

I am having a party in three weeks and am wanting to possibly dye my toilet water red to signify blood, and I would also like to be able to color my bathwater red as well. Does anyone know of any good ways of doing this that won't mess up the systems, or stain the toilet or bathtub? Thanks!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think red toilet water may leave guests confused and grossed out... but not in a good way.
You know how when you go into a convenience store bathroom and the toilet water is some other color than clear? Yeah... I think most people will just be flushing over and over... not good.
Bath water, however, awesome!

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
Someone should make those toilet cake thingies (the ones that come in Blue...like 2000 Flushes Blue) in Red!

·
Registered
15 Posts
red food coloring in the tank of the toilet ...

we had a leak and were told to use a color that would show up on the floor by the plumber to see where the leak was coming from ... he said blue in the tank and it will continue to be blue in the bowl and leak until you flush it all out .. it took a while ... so the more color you add the longer it will take since toilet tanks do not empty all of the water into the bowl ....

for the tub ... either fill it to start or ... get koolaid powder and stuff it up the faucet somehow so that when the water rushes out the initial it will be red and the tub will color red ....

we did that in the residence with the girls showers ... took the showerheads off and put koolaid in the shower head ... we got in trouble ... but well worth the screams due to the "blood" i nthe pipes

·
Registered
12 Posts
We're mixing red powder paint in the bath water. Because it's powder paint, it's water soluble and any traces of red still in the bath should be able to be removed with a simple bath cleaner!

·
The Halloween King
626 Posts
Party pool - the pool coloring stuff someone mentioned already is the easiest way.

If you can't get that i was thinking of using kool aid this year also, after last year's fake blood didn't go as well as i imagined it would.

And as for confusing guests, if they were confused/concerned as to why the water was running red at a halloween party in a decorated room, i'd be more concerned about their IQ level.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can not vouge for this cause I'm just trying it this year but I follow the K.I.S.S. method. Keep It Simple Stupid (cause i'm stupid lol, not you guys). I would mix food coloring and water together in a plastic liter jug (something you were going to recycle) and freeze it. Make it really red though, so it doesn't flush pink. Cut the plastic bottle open, then put the hunk of ice into the back of the toilet bowl. I would place the ice hunk in the toilet when you flush it so the back doesn't overflow (avoiding the environmentally unfavorable wasting of water). Try black Cherry Kool-Aid as as a dye as well, plus it's tasty, well it was when I was 12. I would also put a red bulb in the bathroom to get more of an effect. I can not stress enough that I do not know if this will stain the toilet pink. If it does just tell people it's a pink Fight for the Cure breast cancer awareness toilet (Cancer Sucks!!!). I would certainly remove the leftover ice and clean the toilet when the party is over. Red powder paint and water, then freezing might be the best option for long lasting red water.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have done black in a tub for a swamp theme...it was awesome. I just used water-based tempra/poster paint from the dollar store. It was a large bottle and probably only used a 1/3 or so. I just kept pouring it in and stirring until the water was dark enough. Since it was such cheap paint and water-based, it didn't stain at all. I did have a grime on the bottom of the tub to clean once it drained, but regular Scrubbing Bubbles got rid of that and I was able to bathe the same night.

As for the toilet, not sure. I do like idea of frozen water/food coloring. Sounds smart to me.

Good luck! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts