Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
they look great!! I will steal this idea for next year ;) we did burning coals last year which we were happy with, but I cant remember seeing burning logs done before.. Have a great Hallowen from the UK

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
This was made with a sleeve of clear plastic from a toy cardboard box that had a large window ......and I pulled the plastic piece out of it .
The plastic is completely covered so don't worry if some glue or paper is stuck on it.
The wire is a larger sleeve with the ends folded in to hold the plastic in the middle for the moment.
spray a small amount of foam along the length in lines and atempt to slowly cover the whole log...the foam will expand beyond the wire.
Once cured (an hour or two) slice off the excess flat and then with the tip of a knife cut lines lengthwise-
then cross wise for the checked embers.

I sprayed mat black then speckle stone grey :cool:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The lights are on all the time ...I picked up an 8 stage xmas light string but the box is too big for the tiny hole in the log.

I've had the glowing coals, bones in the fire and the log embers all set up with my paper mache cauldron chained to a tri-pod in the school gym I decorated for the Halloween dance and it looked great. I also decorated the courtyard for a ZOMBIE WALK (cake walk) but that is for another thread.

OH the lights came from a xmas light retailer (in Canada it was Zellers)

·
Registered
365 Posts
just did my first hot coal prop this way... may have to try this now!
I have a cauldron that sits up high on a base and a bed of coals would just look too small...

the log idea may be the answer!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
This is it with my set up and the next shot is lit up,(couple of bone after the boiling) on the coals as well

·
Registered
125 Posts
Now I have another project to start on . Think I will make multi sets of the logs because I am sure they will look great in the fire place .

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry for being a dumb dumb, but would I be correct in saying that the material around the chicken wire is that "great stuff" expanding foam. Also when you say a sleeve of plastic, you meaning like clear plastic wrap type materiel...BTW that looks very nice

21 - 40 of 81 Posts