Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started dismantling an old Lazy Boy rocking recliner that my kids managed to destroy (a story for another day) and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on using the foot rest mechanism as a jumping prop launcher? Not sure what else to call it :D

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
I never thought to use that piece,I usually cut off all the back fabric(if leather) to reuse for a prop one day.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
The steel" scissors" made good robot arms for me in a display. I think I got them out of a pile of ashes after someone had burnt the chair.
I saved the leather-like covering from what had once been an expensive hide-a-bed couch. It was used to cover a sheet metal hog I built. I put casters under it's 4 legs. One quiet Sunday afternoon as a woman Harley rider pulled up to the house I pushed this "Hog" out to run beside of her "Hog" and for a few precious seconds she thought it was real! Reacting as such in front of her Biker friends!
The Hog I built also had a metal circle neat it's curly tail, when pulled his head would go up and down. The face and head was a latex hog mask i sculpted from "scratch".
The whole hoggy-creature looks pretty bad now after being outdoors for 16? years.

Reactions: MummyOf5

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was trying to figure out how far I need to "break it down" to use them for something. I'll have to comb through the tutorials and see what I find. I'm sure others have had the idea to use parts like this before me :D
The only thing about searching the forum is that I end up with a list a mile long of things to make "later"!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts