Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to get opinions on some of the best rated Fog Machines out there that are not really really expensive as rated by users.

Weather it is a specific ground fogger or general fogger, what would ya recommend?

I am trying to get an idea for a new fog machine. Right now, I own a Lite FX 1200w (17542) that seems to out perform my Eliminator E119 fog machine (700w 4,500 cubic ft p/min.). I am keeping the Lite FX since it just delivers and I am going to sell the Eliminator for around $35 being that it is used.

I am considering the Ground Fog Machine model IF-505 that is being sold at Spirit Halloween for $69.99. (2000 cubic ft p/min.) What do any of you think of this one?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I have several and I guess the main things to think of are the use of the fogger... is it for long running use(Yard or Gym), is it for small areas (like effect or in a room). I like anything over 1000 watts; but, in a room that can become a whiteout in minutes LOL.

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
I am going to purchase an American DJ 1000w fogger (69.99) for my graveyard this year. If i had the money i would without a doubt buy a dry ice fogger. Not only is it low lting but the output on them is insane! Anything under 1000w ususally isn't going to produce enough fog for an outside scene. Unless you use more than one.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to get opinions on some of the best rated Fog Machines out there that are not really really expensive as rated by users.

Weather it is a specific ground fogger or general fogger, what would ya recommend?

I am trying to get an idea for a new fog machine. Right now, I own a Lite FX 1200w (17542) that seems to out perform my Eliminator E119 fog machine (700w 4,500 cubic ft p/min.). I am keeping the Lite FX since it just delivers and I am going to sell the Eliminator for around $35 being that it is used.

I am considering the Ground Fog Machine model IF-505 that is being sold at Spirit Halloween for $69.99. (2000 cubic ft p/min.) What do any of you think of this one?

Thanks!
Let me get this straight you have two fog machines a 1200w and a 700w but you are going to get rid of the 700w and are thinking of getting a Ground fog machine that has less output than your 700w. If you really want Ground fog I would just build a fog chiller cost you about $10 and be done in couple hours and with the 700w machine you would get better results than with a specific ground fog machine.

If you want something that outputs more fog than your 1200w then I think the general consensus around here is vei or american dj make great higher end foggers but those are over $100.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, my Eliminator supposedly has an output of 4,500 CU on a 700 watt motor but it really did not cover the amount of space my Lite FX 1200 watt Fogger did. Yeah, the Lite has a hard plastic shell and some cheaper parts but the heat exchanger heats up quicker and seems to run better via the 1200 watts. For a $20-25 fogger, that thing is awesome.

I did put together a chiller for that will work with both. It's a styrofoam container about 25 inches long, 12 or so inches high and maybe the same for width. I put a 1 1/2 " PVC on the end and hooked up on of them retractable bendable connectors. Put the same PVC size on the other end that the fogger can connect to. Filled the chest with reg. ice.. worked great. I should have videoed it. I am going to try it again with a larger container since I can get the ones I want easy. I'll use dry ice next time as well which should produce even better results.

The reason I wanted to get a new fogger is my Lite FX is old and not sure how long it will last plus it is nice to have a 2nd one on hand for my type of events/yard displays. I wanted to try a different one that is preferably 1000 or higher watts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have several and I guess the main things to think of are the use of the fogger... is it for long running use(Yard or Gym), is it for small areas (like effect or in a room). I like anything over 1000 watts; but, in a room that can become a whiteout in minutes LOL.

For use inside (1100 sq ft to 1600 sq ft homes) and on a front yard. No gyms... damn, you would need one of them $1000 K plus ones.

My Eliminator struggles in the basement but seem to produce a nice thick flow of fog through my custom chiller but did not cover as much as I wanted. My Lite FX did about as well on the ground but covered everything and then eventually my basement was smoked out... ha ha!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Never used Chauvet, but not for any specific reason. Maybe it was price?

Then again, I'm brainstorming building my own fogger; a fog/chill combo using a 5 or 7 cuft chest deep freezer packed with ice. Use 4 or 5 heater elements and a distribution system made from 4" dust collector hose and gates.

Please note I said "Brainstorming". ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Read this thread, especially the first and last few pages, to know why you'll want to buy a VEI or American DJ fogger, and not a Chauvet:
http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/73831-interesting-chauvet-hurricane-1250-observations.html
Thanks Craig for the info. That was exactly the feedback I was looking for. It just seemed like their specs were exaggerated. I was interested in the 1300 @ $129 with free shipping but I think I will go with the VEI V935 1200 watt for $135.

Thanks again! I'm glad I joined (on Friday) and posted the question.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts