Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help finding a decent screaming head for my pneumatic coffin leaper. In the past I have used motion activated heads that scream, but the violent nature of the action has caused the internal to blow apart in less than one season... any suggestions? My leaper starts at about 45 degrees, leaps via a two bar system and then snaps back to the coffin - I like the fast action, but it is hard on the electronics, and they seem to be making things of increasingly poorer quality...

My ideal would be just a head, vampire like, short loud scream or howl, and available online for less than $50. The best would be a rubber exterior instead of the new cheap plastic that tears...

TIA

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
I don't have a resource for what you're looking for, I'm afraid, but a thought that comes to mind is; why not mount the more delicate parts in a less violent spot, and just have a mask/prop on the end of the 2-bar?

If you're looking for the sound to be coming from the actual prop, perhaps you could clip the wires for the speaker on what you have, and just add extension wire to put the speaker into the prop, but leave the electronics where they won't get thrown around.

It sounds like an incredibly cool prop, but I'm thinking you'll have to pay a pretty penny to find what you're looking for built to withstand a lot of violent movement.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx - yes, that's my fallback, I have other props set up with a relay that triggers a sound loop with the prop - What I liked about the original two heads I have used over the years is that the head screamed, shook and the eyes lit up - all of that happening a foot in front of the TOTs... Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts