Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else experiencing the Nirvana of reclaiming their home?

I'm getting my house back! For months leading up to Halloween, my house becomes a wreck, especially my dining room.

Here are before Halloween dining room pic's and after Halloween dining room pic's. Well, The after shots are of my dining room in progress of cleaning it up. It's still a wreck by vanilla standards, but it's much better now :)

Before:

After:

Before :

After:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Donna has kind of grown on me. I think I am keeping her around a while. Might even pick her up a Santa hat. :rolleyes:
hehehehe

We have two huge concrete gargoyles in our front yard that we dress up every holiday. For Xmas, they get beards and Santa hats. We also have a couple of concrete dragons which don reindeer antlers. We also do them all up for Easter, St. Patrick's day and 4th of July too.

Large gargoyles look pretty funny with fuzzy pink bunny ears on them LOL

The neighbors get a huge kick out of us decking them all out on the holidays :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
That is Hilarious Cassie!!

You have some great stuff.

I love the cuckoo clock! Oh, and I think I need to pick up a wheel chair...

Sad to see things getting back to "normal".

E

·
Registered
209 Posts
The day after Halloween everything got moved out into the carport, so my wife could have the house back :). Took me a bit to finally pack everything up in the shed.
Love'in the pics Cassie! You have an interesting place, before and after! I about died laughing when I saw the rabbit head on the floor in the 3rd pic. Especialy how much it scared people in your videos.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I about died laughing when I saw the rabbit head on the floor in the 3rd pic. Especialy how much it scared people in your videos.
Me too! It's great to see the killer rabbit just casually flipped onto the floor.
We were all amazed how well Evil Bunny did. For the blood dripping from his mouth, we hot glued a few strips of those jelly-like dripping blood things that they sell to put on your window. When he moved the head, it jiggled like really slimy looking bloody saliva. It was a great effect.

Once we saw how effective it was, we bought up a bunch of packs of those window clings on sale after Halloween. They have definite potential for dressing up future props.

But one warning about those bloody-jelly window clings, they DO stain what ever you put them on and they don't hold up well to heat. So I removed them from the bunny's mouth before I stored the head. It's easy enough to replace next time I want to use him.

·
Registered
209 Posts
We were all amazed how well Evil Bunny did. For the blood dripping from his mouth, we hot glued a few strips of those jelly-like dripping blood things that they sell to put on your window. When he moved the head, it jiggled like really slimy looking bloody saliva. It was a great effect.
You know I've seen those things for years and never once had an inkling to use them. Just goes to show you the genius of simplicity. :cool:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
We absolutely empathize with you.

We started a little earlier than usual, but wind dammage prevented us from getting as far as intended and then wind after Halloween slowed the dismantle. We got everything down this weekend, but find we will need to build a little more storeage to accomodate our insatiable Halloween prop acquisitions. :rolleyes:

All told, we had various stages of the Haunt in the front yard about two months. Weird to see the house "normal" again. Man I have patient neighbors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts