Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Way back when, once upon a time I made a small hide for the fogger that connects to our cauldron creep's cauldron. I built it in a hurry from a small foam cooler, made it three sided to allow easy access, and disguised it as a pile of skulls. It worked fine, but had a few issues. Lifting the hide would often bump the fogger out of proper position and I would have to fiddle with it almost every time to get it pointed just right again. Also I found that it was not very weatherproof having only three sides. This meant I had to bring the fogger in if it rained, or shield it with a piece of sheet metal I bent up to deflect rainwater. The old setup also required me to set the fogger on a small piece of wood to keep it off of the ground a little. I FINALLY got my workshop picked up enough to get in and work again so I decided the first project for the year would be a do-over of the first hide. This one will be much roomier, easier to access, 100% weatherproof, and the fogger now is mounted to a bracket that makes any movement out of proper alignment impossible. I've only gotten as far as attaching all of my skulls and bones to the tote, applying the Great Stuff, and did the base paint. Still need to glue on a few more bones & some sand and moss, then do a lot of cleanup and restaining of the skulls and bones.

Progress as of today...

Video from yesterday before I ran out of Great Stuff and had to stop...

·
It's pronounced "Fronkensteen."
551 Posts
Thanks for the build. I've always just put mine out on Halloween night for the final show. but with a setup like this I could have them out longer. How often to do you run the fogger? what do you use for a control? how much 'fog juice' do you go through and how often to you refill?

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How often to do you run the fogger? what do you use for a control? how much 'fog juice' do you go through and how often to you refill?
I use a timer on this one that runs it about once a minute for 10 seconds. The timer is just one of the simple ones with knobs and colored buttons that come with these cheap foggers. I run fog effects for around 4 hours a night, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays and run two foggers for different areas and effects so I don't really go through much fog juice each season. Maybe a gallon and a half. I refill each day before they run to make sure they never run dry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts