Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted on here when I first joined at the beginning of September and wanted some advise on building a rearing life size horse. I have begun thanks to everyones helpful advise! I have the frame built with some more supports to be put on but soon, I will be on to the fun part...monster mudding. Can't wait. Take a look at my pictures and tell me what you think:D

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,638 Posts
OOOH neat! really really neat!!! Wouldn't mind making one myself, adding a fogger maybe so it looks like smoke coming out of it's nostrils.
Very cool! Can't wait to see it done!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
life size horse with Lord of the Rings black rider on back

I am now on to bulking up my horse. I thought I would try to put some shape to the horse by wrapping the frame with a foam half inch mattress pad. I will post pics when I go out and buy myself a stapler (tomorrow). I have cut pool noodles in half and wrapped them around the legs to give it a rounded lower leg. It is looking good so far.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought of doing that but I don' t know how to hook up a hose to my fogger, it gets really hot at the nozzle of the fogger. Any suggestions? The idea of a horse with snorting nostils was in my original plan but once I bought the fogger, I didn't see anywhere to hook up anything.

·
Registered
174 Posts
maybe have the fogger hooked up to a box (like u would to chill the fog) but instead have a hose leaving the box and then to the horse's nostrils...only problem would be that the fog wouldn't shoot out, it would just sort of seep out...

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
their are some pvc that are heat resistant that is used for pool heating system , my husband used that 2 years ago on our fogger that craped out 2 days later .....so my suggestion would be heat resistant pvc a little way and then you can use something else to go up to the horse from that .

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think I am going to focus on getting the horse built. It is the biggest project I have ever taken on so I am worried about the amount of time I have left...thanks for the suggestion though. I think you are right, it will just sort of ooze rather than spray out. I need it to be compressed. Anyway, I will keep you all informed. The sun is up, there is no rain, time to go to the lab, build me a horse:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts