Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have started monster mudding DareDevil and she looks great. I am waiting for a pair of eyes that I ordered from a taxidermist. They should be in this week. I am now trying to figure out how to put a flowing mane and tail on her. I am getting so excited for her presence in our front yard with the rider on her back. I will surely post pics as I go on. Thanks to everyone with all of the great advice and compliments. I would have given up long ago if not for this forum;)
To see the updated pics just go to my profile since I don't know how some of you add the pictures to your posts.

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
Uhhhhh, WOWZER!!!!

I hope you don't mind but I copied one of your pictures here. It's incredible work :) (To post pictures, copy the 'BB Code' that is at the bottom your picture)

·
Registered
75 Posts
WHOA..........that is totally cool!!!!!!!! i love how you have it rearing up. and the ears look fantastic... great job!!!!!!!
what are you thinking for a mane and tail???? i might have an idea or two if you'd like them....

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tell me, tell me! I have not made up my mind about what material to use for the mane and tail. I am listening:) Thank you for your kind compliments

·
Registered
75 Posts
well, for the first horse, i used nylon rope, the thick stuff like you'd see a lead rope made of. my mom and i untwinded it into individual strands, and then i tied together bunches, with fishing line to a wire, to form it along the neck, i can post a pic, if you want to see,
the new mane and tail are being made from size 10 crochet thread, cut into random lengths. and looped thru this trim stuff i found. i'm also waxing the thread, to keep it from knotting up.
i'll take some pic's and put them on the big boys thread, give me a few mins.....

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DareDevil is getting painted and details will be added today. the base is finished and she is free standing. Pics are in my profile album. I don't know how to add them directly under my posts:(

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
At your album page. Go to one of your pictures and look at the bottom. You will see two codes. The BB code is the one you copy. Then, go to the post you are building and paste it in.

Looking great!

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
Here's a more detailed explanation of how to get that picrture in your album to here.

Now, to post the picture in a post, look at your picture that you just 'uploaded' and 'saved.' At the bottom of the screen is two selections, 'Picture URL' and 'BB code.' I have no idea what those mean but I do know that I want the 'BB code' one. I click on it to highlight it and then right click and select 'copy'. I then go to the post I want to put it in, right click and select 'paste.' Then sumbit your post and WALLA! your picture will be there after you hit the submit button.

Also, there is a thread where you can practice posting if you'd like (with lot's of explanations): http://www.halloweenforum.com/general-halloween/73984-posting-pictures-help.html

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That is great Terra, thank you. I will do the practice option:)
Are you getting excited? Christmas is coming...but Halloween is all that matters

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thank you! I can't wait to paint her black. She is my pretty girl:) I feel a real sense of attachment...like you would to a dog or cat. But this beast is inanimate, should I be worried? haha

1 - 20 of 20 Posts