Made some templates for the windows and tested them
Once i was happy with the placement i drew them on with a marker so i could get a better idea of what they would look like
After a few tests and finally making my mind up i decided they looked pretty good and went ahead and cut them out.
I wanted stone trim around the window so to do that i took the cut outs of the window and used those as templates.
Once i had that down i drew a one and a half inch border around it.
Then cut it out with a jig saw
I then used the first as a template for the second and cut that out.
I then drew out a stone design with a marker. after that i first tried using a dremel for the grout lines but found that it was way to clean and a bit bigger than i wanted them so i just started to use 150 grit sand paper and sculpted it by hand. worked much better this way. the sand paper allows for more control over depth and other little details. Very happy with the result.
To get more of a stone look i used the spray bottle and heat gun technique. Spray the foam down with a little water and then wave the heat gun over it and the areas without water shrink down a bit creating a cool stone look. It works great! gota be careful with it but as long as you get the feel for it its pretty easy. i practiced with a spare piece beforehand. Other than that i just used the sand paper and a wire brush to roughen it up and took a few chips out here and there.
And here they are tacked up temporarily so i can get the placement right once i glue them on. that's it for now. got a bit done on the bricks on the wall today but not much. Hopping to finish it tomorrow.