Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, if you are a college graduate, then you know the burden of student loans...Well, Sallie Mae has decided to take double payments out of my bank account. I was told that it would be credited back to my account within 2-3 weeks. At that point, I they might as well keep the money because my next payment will be due. This amount is more than my mortgage and car payment combined. I am not a happy camper. I really wanted to work on some stuff this weekend but I needed several supplies to do so. So, it looks like I may have to leave out a few things...

I am so bummed. I'm trying to not let this suck the spirit out of me but it's so hard. I guess I will just need to be creative and put together a few cheaper things. UGH!

·
The Duke of Spook
1,976 Posts
This is why no one automatically deducts ANYTHING from my bank accounts EVER.

I've never understood that. "Here's the key to my life, feel free to take whatever you want, whenever you want.... "

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is why no one automatically deducts ANYTHING from my bank accounts EVER.

I've never understood that. "Here's the key to my life, feel free to take whatever you want, whenever you want.... "
Funny thing is, I don't have automatic payments set up. I pay it online every month. I go to make my normal payment, 2 days later...check my bank account and it was deducted 2 times!

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
i too hate automatic withdrawals from businesses. theres only 2 that i let auto deduct money and one of them is almost paid off, the other is car insurance and if they screw me over i have an insurance agent to take care of it for me. though once i get enough saved to pay a years worth of insurance in one hit, i plan on doing so and taking myself off auto withdrawal. it makes me nervous and i like paying my bills before they're due so i know how much money i have to work with for food and what not.

that does suck though. most people only live pay check to paycheck with no left over to pay double on anything... and for them to do that without authorization... is dodgy and aggravating. hope you can get it resolved sooner than in 3-4 weeks.

·
The Haunting Girl
864 Posts
That's horrible! Of course they don't care, they think you're rich because you went to college and you must have a well paying job.
I've been putting money aside for months now in case something goes wrong, but I know many people don't have that option. Try not to let it get you down. Many of the best things are homemade from almost nothing. You just have to get that gerbil (or hamster) in overdrive and think of some awesome stuff. Google is your friend and we are too! There are lots of projects on the forum that you can do and lots of resources on where to find free or cheap stuff.
My coolest thing right now is my one dormer window that has some creepy cloth from the dollar store over the window, cheap glow in the dark spiders (I don't remember where they came from), dollar store bag of webs, one cheap tension curtain rod, and a black light. I also have a fake "cocoon body", but you don't need it. It looks super cool and it's cheap and easy.
I have hundreds of dollars worth of stuff, but I bet that one window will be the one thing everyone points out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts