Halloween Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally figured out how to make our clown room "pop" - with fluorescent paint murals! But we only have a week until we open to get the whole thing done, which means the "good" paint like Wildfire or Rosco is out of the question, it won't ship in time. I'll be running around town tomorrow so I wanted to ask in advance - does Hobby Lobby, Home Depot or Lowes (or the like) carry any latex or acrylic paint that I can buy in more than a teeny bottle and will show up pretty well under blacklight conditions? Needs to be paint from a can/bottle, not spray paint!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've never seen fluorescent paint in "bulk". Your best bet is probably to by the smaller 2oz acrylics from AC Moore or Michael's. Most of the time these less expensive paints are on sale for less than a dollar each.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Fluorescent poster paints (from an art store -- tempura) look pretty good it its painted on white paper. I've brought a compact fluorescent black light to the store to test before i buy (ask if you can go to a dark back room to look at the bottle). Comes in big bottles.

I paint on paper fiber drop cloths

·
Going bump in the night..
3,389 Posts
Well, Michaels has a set of neon tempura paint, six colors in 4 ounce bottles for $6.49
Creatology Neon Paint Set

Plus side? You probably have a Michaels within driving distance of you, if not closer.
Also, the bottles are okay sized, or, if you get two sets, it will cover a lot of area.
And, of course, you get six great neon colors to use!

Downside? It's tempura paint. Not waterproof, not necessarily that durable (I wouldn't use it where people can touch it very much...it will wear off).

If you're using this in a covered area that won't be bumped into or touched very much, this stuff might be alright for one haunt season.

·
black light queen
2,639 Posts
check walmart for neon/fluorescent craft paints ... i like the, i forget the brand, but they're fabric paints

your local dollar stores might also have a selection

craft paints are in small not bulk sized bottles

hobby lobby also has tubes of fluorescent paints ... look in the painters/artist section ... they're in larger sizes than craft paints and of better black light reactive quality

amk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts