Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Fallen Angel
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Comiskey Park is gone, the iconic Marshall Fields store is gone and now they are changing the name of the Sears Tower. Soon to be known as the "Willis Tower." Does Chicago have any icons left?:mad:

·
Zombie Hunter
20,479 Posts
I think "skullboy" is staying the same.Just wait ,yuppie-ville will change Wrigley to something next year.

·
kakos
7,217 Posts
LHALLOW why'd you bring this up....it's upsetting enough as it is. I'm still calling it Sears Tower.

I'm a huge Cubs fan yet I still call it Comiskey. If they ever change Wrigley Field I'll just leave Chicago.

Don't forget the Rosemont Horizon (Allstate Arena).

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,528 Posts
Of course Skullboy! I live a few minutes from where it was. This is a depressing thread. :( I'm sad to see the Sears Tower name go away, but it's hardly surprising. I just don't understand why they're giving naming rights to a company that is occupying less that 4% of the available space. Very strange.

Anyway, the new Willis Tower will be called the Sears Tower for many years to come, but I think I already have a new nickname for it... the Big Willy.... and on rainy days, it'll be the Wet Willy!!!

·
Hauntless
8,343 Posts
I remember a couple of field trips to the Sears Tower and my favorite memory of those was the fast elevator ride down. We quickly figured out ('cause we were 9 years old or so) that if you jump up in the air, you get a little hang-time. The teacher would go nuts because as an adult, they weren't as secure about the elevator being able to handle 12 kids jumping up and down like crazy.

Later, when I was older, I was walking the Sears Tower's sidewalk and was making my way around the corner. As soon as I rounded the corner the wind pushed me right on my butt! I didn't realize the wind velocity that happens at ground level around a structure so huge like that. It was awesome!

It will always be the Sears Tower to me too.

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
I haven't been to Chicago since I was 8 or 9. I don't remember much from it but that really sucks that they are changing alot of it. If they changed Denver like that I would have to shoot some people. (not litterley)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts