Halloween Forum banner

Realistic looking granite tombstone -- finished

4K views 38 replies 24 participants last post by  SpookyDude44 
#1 ·
Not all tombstones in a graveyard are old and decrepit. I made this stone to go along with a new prop and storyline I am using for my yard haunt this year. I live on a street called Saintsbury and the houses in this area were all built n the 80's. I decided I would make the Saintsburys, an ill-fated couple who died on their wedding day on Nov 2nd, 1989 in a horrific car accident. I am going to have the couple incorporated into this scene but that will come later. Here are some pics of their dual headstone pre and post paint.

Attachments

See less See more
Discussion starter · #11 ·
very nice I see, Jacob is into older women lol
Haha! You noticed that, eh? :) Yeah, I did that on purpose. I am 3 years older than my hubby. Our anniversary is also Nov 2nd. I didn't think he'd like using our dates/ages on a tombstone so I went with these instead. Also, Nov 2nd has the added bonus of being the Day of the Dead! (Our anniversary is Nov 3rd).

Discussion starter · #13 ·
Nicely done. Had a spine tingle moment when I opened this thread and saw the pic of your tombstone. At that moment I was listening to a track off the Marshall Tucker Band album "Together Forever".
Wow, I take that as a high compliment indeed. Anytime your prop can have that effect, it's a very good thing. :) Thank you so much! Of course, the music played a part too.....How freaky was that??!

Discussion starter · #14 ·
:D That's a cha-hunka BIG stone! Wow! Very realistic, looks just like some of the stones next door to me. (We have a monument place right next to our body shop).:eek:
Ha! Yes, it is a biggie. I think it's almost 5 feet wide. It's going to hide the mechanism where my bride and groom are going to be.....more pics to come. Stay tuned!

Discussion starter · #27 ·
That stone is breathtaking! I really like seeing a new stone, it's a nice change. I guess we all get used to seeing and making older weathered stones.
Thank you Halloween Lady! I was kind of tired of the same old sort of stones myself. I still make the standard ones too of course but once in awhile it's good to do something different. I actually made another stone that I like even better than this one. I posted it in another thread but maybe I should re-post so people can see it again.
Headstone Grave Stone carving Memorial Cemetery

Discussion starter · #31 ·
:) I dig the whole story line you have for this stone. The wedding dress is great, I love how it sort of has the "bustle" in the back...that reads as very old fashioned and dated...such a good idea! I cannot wait to see it completed. You have mad skills woman!:D
Aww. Thanks. You're sweet to say that. That made me smile. Hopefully, I will be able to finish this prop in the next couple of weeks. My problem is that I have so many builds I want to do this year, I don't finish one and jump to the next. haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.