Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the cutest, realistic looking resin fruit bats from CollectionsEtc. They aren't on sale (reg. 14.99) but I was able to use a RetailMeNot coupon for CollectionsEtc to order them at 20% off (on entire order) bringing the price down to 11.99 each. They charged shipping based off of the total order price less the 20% so that saved some money too; I've noticed sometimes stores will charge shipping based off the total before any discounts. Depending on what and how much your order is there's also a Free Ship code on their website that might work out better.

Anyway here's what the bat looks like. Reminds me of work from Design Toscano* (who is carrying something a bit different--I like CE's bat better but maybe a combination of both poses would look nice). BTW after I placed my order on my laptop and checked back today saw that the Available count had gone down to 34 Left. I don't think they adjust the web count until the end of the day as I noticed the web count wasn't reflected immediately after I placed my order unlike some other sites. So if you want this guy, order asap before they are sold out. Interestingly when I look at the item on my phone, the mobile view doesn't show how many are left. Isn't he cute?!

The website says he's apx 6-1/4" L x 5-3/4"W x 21"H with rope. One person who bought him said from his wing tip to extended foot he's about 12" long.

*For comparison here's the resin hanging bat that DT has on their site right now: https://www.designtoscano.com/product/hanging+mega+bat+sculpture+-+qm28985.do?from=Search&cx=0

Update: 12/11 - When I ordered mine there were 40 left, looked today and now only 21.

·
Registered
13,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like I forgot to post the direct link to the CollectionsEtc bat, duh! Here it is:

https://www.collectionsetc.com/product/swinging-bat-tree-dangler.aspx

UPDATE: checked on my order from 12/7 that ended up taking 6 days before it shipped, at least it's on it's way today, and thought I'd update people that they are now showing only 12 bats left. Was told when I called in the other day to see why it hadn't shipped if it was indeed in stock, not to worry it would reach me before Xmas; but FedEx has other plans at this point--Wed. 12/26. :( That may change but that was disappointing to see. It ships from the Midwest and I'm in Calif so longest days in transit, but if you're ordering as a Xmas gift might want to keep an eye on your order.

·
Registered
13,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Down to the last 10 now. I can see Dracula decorating his Christmas tree with these! I have some bird cages and plan to hang mine from inside them or maybe on a tree nearby our display. Definitely want them front and center since they look so realistic next to my other halloween bats. If you ordered and get yours before mine show up, please post a photo if you can. Hope they look as good in person as in the website order page photo.

·
Registered
13,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bats arrived today days early! so here's my photos. Normally I wouldn't even want to be around real bats (yes they creep me out) and even looking pretty realistic this guy is so cute I couldn't resist adding him to my haunt items. Ordered a few and could see them being threaded onto a strong pole and the pole suspended. Even something like a solid drapery rod maybe. Being solid resin (I assume) it does have some weight to it. With the rope included, easy enough to hang from a tree branch also. I'd probably use an S-hook with the rope so as not to untie it.

The bat is well packed.

Close up of his face and body. Believe the eyes are glass and look right at you.

View of the detailed back side and supporting rope hole. Hole in this one looks like 5/8.

And view of him close up as he would be seen hanging upside down.

·
Registered
13,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh sorry you didn't see this sooner. I see on their website ("count left" was only viewable using my laptop, not on mobile btw) that they have now posted "Sold Out. We are unable to guarantee this item will be available in the future. "

A few years ago I bought this snoring skeleton in a hammock from them. It did get relisted for a few years on their site but I guess it all depends on the source of the item and how many were on their purchase order (sometimes shipped in batches as needed) and/or their warehouse space if they stock them in house.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
I really like these. Neat looking bat props are scarce and these have a realistic appearance to them for a good price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts