Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I'm looking to build up a projector scene using AtmosFEARfx's 'Jack O' Lantern Jamboree' and, whilst the idea of using real pumpkins is great, I'm thinking that I'd like to create something that won't rot after a few weeks! I'm hoping that someone here can point me towards somewhere that I can get realistic, life size pumpkins that aren't JOLs.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Well not sure about the pumpkins down under but I buy mine from a local farmstand right around the 1st of September and they sit outside until Halloween (uncut). After Halloween I bring them in the garage (unheated). I bust one up every couple days and feed them to the deer. They last well into December and are still as solid as the day I got them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought 3 Fun-Kins for the same thing you're doing, AtmosFEARfx's 'Jack O' Lantern Jamboree'. I'm happy with the quality. I bought mine off of eBay. I decided to get 3 different sizes, and in doing so the shades of orange are different. I'm not too bothered by that since it'll be dark when I run the projection, but if you're worried about the colors matching I'd buy 3 of the same model.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same issue. I have looked into the funkiness but the shipping to Australia was just too much.
I ended up finding some that suited at my local T.K. Max here in Australia. they had a huge range of halloween decorations last year. my suggestion would be get in early and have a good look around I picked up 4 different ones that suited the job. They weren't the type I was looking for but did the job and everyone liked them anyway.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Oh I didn't know they did halloween stuff, I will have to have a look next time I am in Melbourne. Do they have much out now or should I try closer to October?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oh I didn't know they did halloween stuff, I will have to have a look next time I am in Melbourne. Do they have much out now or should I try closer to October?
they started putting it out around September in my local stores in Newcastle. so my guess would be that they will do the same this year.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thanks for the tip of the fake pumpkins, those fun-kins ones do look good, but shipping costs. :(

Thanks for the T.K. Maxx tip @jmd2290 looks like we may have a race on to get the best stuff first. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
pumpkinhead.jpg pumpkinhead2.jpg
Cover a ballon withcACTIVA Rigid Wrap Plaster Cloth, or similar plaster cloth. Cheaper when bought from building supply category than art supply category. I tried attaching a few photos, one I made with my granddaughter and one I found online. hope they come through.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Back in 2013 we turned our yard into a swampy pumpkin patch complete with haunted pumpkins and a swamp monster. So we needed lots of pumpkins on a budget. Broke out the great stuff and balloons! Simple ans easy and the pumpkins looked creepy and bumpy and not quite "normal". Every one loved them. We've used them over and over as well. filled in a few for less "nice and happy" faces since then as well. 20131023_195822.jpg 20131023_195803.jpg 20131023_195847.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts