Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I really want to make (or buy) a large realistic chocolate 3d skull to put on top of a cake for my party but I'm having trouble locating a good one. Needs to based in the US so I can get it on time, my party is on the 24th. I don't have any experience with making molds so I'd really like to buy one.

Typical Ghoul Next Door
Wilton makes a full round skull mold. http://www.wilton.com/shapedpan/Dimensions-3-D-Skull-Pan
I've seen it in Joann's or Michaels, but not this year (haven't been looking tho).

Check out candy and cake makers in your area as well. I have a shop in my town that does amazing skulls every year - solid milk or white chocolate, and swirls too...

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions. I feel like that skull is a bit too blocky and unrealistic for my taste, better suited as something that is decorated rather than a stand along item. This was my original inspiration but the person is not making them anymore.

5c0cb55063ed01da6df457bcfc00b70f.jpg

I'll check into local places that might make them, but I live in a somewhat rural area so I don't have my hopes up.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Those Etsy skulls are amazing but $150 after shipping is a bit out of my budget, and since they are in the UK probably wouldn't get here in time anyway. I think the idea of slush casting them is good, would definitely reduce the weight and amount of chocolate needed. Still looking...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts