Halloween Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want to make (or buy) a large realistic chocolate 3d skull to put on top of a cake for my party but I'm having trouble locating a good one. Needs to based in the US so I can get it on time, my party is on the 24th. I don't have any experience with making molds so I'd really like to buy one.

Typical Ghoul Next Door
Wilton makes a full round skull mold. http://www.wilton.com/shapedpan/Dimensions-3-D-Skull-Pan
I've seen it in Joann's or Michaels, but not this year (haven't been looking tho).

Check out candy and cake makers in your area as well. I have a shop in my town that does amazing skulls every year - solid milk or white chocolate, and swirls too...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I feel like that skull is a bit too blocky and unrealistic for my taste, better suited as something that is decorated rather than a stand along item. This was my original inspiration but the person is not making them anymore.

Cake Skull Dessert Bone Cupcake

I'll check into local places that might make them, but I live in a somewhat rural area so I don't have my hopes up.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those Etsy skulls are amazing but $150 after shipping is a bit out of my budget, and since they are in the UK probably wouldn't get here in time anyway. I think the idea of slush casting them is good, would definitely reduce the weight and amount of chocolate needed. Still looking...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.